GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

I had thought we used Adoree with some success early in the season on offense.  I do think if Marcus is healthy then he can be a difference maker. Just pray he is on target  Have avoided looking at the weather not really sure which team is helped by bad weather 

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/24928/derrick-henry-cant-blow-his-feature-rb-opportunity-by-running-soft-anymore

"I didn't feel like a workhorse back. Kinda felt soft," said Henry, who had 28 carries for 51 yards and an abysmal average of 1.8 yards per carry. "I'm not really happy about that game at all. It hasn't left my mind since the clock hit zero."

"I just feel like I didn't run like myself," said Henry, who also went the wrong way on one play leading to a fumbled attempted hand-off and a Jaguars defensive touchdown . "I could say other words, but gotta play better. ... Falling forward, trying to get a positive gain. Not running soft."

Here's to hoping Henry comes out and dominates this game.

While I still do not believe in the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball and am not a fan of Mularkey man it feels good to have the Titans back in the playoffs. I have been a fan a long time and it has been far too long so I will take it. Super excited to watch tomorrow.

As far as how this game breaks down to me the man the Titans absolutely need to stop of the Chiefs is Kareem Hunt. He can take games over. If the Titans slow him down we can win. The proof is in the numbers. When Hunt has a big game, the Chiefs win. When he doesn't they lose. Hunt needs to be the number one focus. I get Kelce is very good and he is a worry as is Hill. However, the Titans on defense imo are underrated and also have given up among the fewest deep balls and big passing plays in the league. That is Hill's bread and butter the big play. Jayon Brown to me is who I think will be on Kelce splitting with Byard. Jackson to me needs to be on Hill due to the speed matchup. Alex Smith has had a good year but to me is not the problem. Hunt is. Titans please stop Hunt.

On offense if I had any faith in our offensive coaches and our head coach I would say this is a game we should be able to run and pass effectively and put up some points. The Chiefs defense has been hot garbage this year and really has only two players to worry about, Houston and Peters. I don't think even the most die hard Chiefs fan will tell you their defense is good.

I actually think this is a game player wise on paper the Titans match up well with the Chiefs. That being said again they have the advantage of competent offensive coaching and at head coach so that worries me.

Advantage to Chiefs offense.

Advantage to Titans defense.

Advantage to Titans on special teams because we have a great kicker and punter.

Top three Titans I feel need to have a big game for the Titans to win besides Mariota on offense:

Derrick Henry - This is obvious we need to be able to run the ball effectively and give ourselves short down and distance

Delanie Walker - He is due and we know he can be a touchdown machine when he is on. We will need TDs to win.

Jack Conklin - Needs to contain Houston and limit if not eliminate his damage

As for the defense, it needs to be solid all around for the Titans to win but key like I said is limiting Hunt. My two adopt a Titans Sylvester Williams and Johnathan Cyprien will play a huge part in slowing down Hunt. Titans do that they can win.

We will see how it plays out. I hope the Titans win but it will be very tough. However, I think it will be a close game either way.

@Titan89. I agree. I am finally getting playoff fever on the day before the game even though I am no fan of Mularkey. Put the ball in #8's hands tomorrow take the training wheels off and let him play. If lays an egg so be it. I will hold my nose and cheer the guys on tomorrow. Still want changes in the coaching staff.

@TitanTuff , Pepe the Frog in a Titan's hat. Really bruh?

Soooo with the Kraft, Belichick, Brady story coming out today and New England finally showing a chink in the armor....what if we ended up pulling off the upset against KC...and with the 3 headed monster in New England seemingly going after one another they become distracted and begin to implode (because they'd basically have to beat themselves in order for us to win)...and we get either a Jacksonville team we've already beat twice or a Pitt team with no Antonio Brown or Shazier.....anyone, anyone?!

8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Soooo with the Kraft, Belichick, Brady story coming out today and New England finally showing a chink in the armor....what if we ended up pulling off the upset against KC...and with the 3 headed monster in New England seemingly going after one another they become distracted and begin to implode (because they'd basically have to beat themselves in order for us to win)...and we get either a Jacksonville team we've already beat twice or a Pitt team with no Antonio Brown or Shazier.....anyone, anyone?!

Basically me right now

wewantbamajpg-a5ea96c5027db370.jpg

17 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That’s the spirit!!! Or we lose and they lose in the divisional round and they fire ol hoodie boy. Robinson then fires Mularkey and reups with Hoodie in their home state. See if he’s really the real deal or not.

25 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That’s the spirit!!! Or we lose and they lose in the divisional round and they fire ol hoodie boy. Robinson then fires Mularkey and reups with Hoodie in their home state. See if he’s really the real deal or not.

I’d laugh my @ss off if we fired Mularkey for Belichick. The stuff I would be saying to all Pats fans here. 

Its obviusly a slim chance Bill leaves the Pats but it is well known Bill wants to win a SB with a QB other than Brady before Bill retires. So let’s see what happens in NE after the season but I don’t see Bill leaving 

Archived