GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

8 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Random thought.. I think Adoree needs a play or two on offense this week. Even if he doesn't get the ball. Make the defense think about it at the very least. 

It’s not random and I agree with you. If the Titans have no faith in Flu or Muhammad then Henry needs some help so why not Adoree. The league is well aware or when Taylor’s in the game it’s either a run or dropped pass to him so the Titans should use Adoree on offense some. I would like to see Adoree schemed open to catch a screen or thrown too deep or something other than the obvious RB Draw play because his speed is something we could use for a big chunk play

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Something I've noticed and think Mariota doesn't get enough credit for. 

I’ve mentioned it many times in here that Mariota is the best at getting guys to jump. The things the Titans are the worst at is improvising when Mariota actually gets them to jump off though I feel like the WRs need to know go deep and let’s take a shot on the free play instead Mariota holds and holds and gets sacked more times than not on the free play

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

2 more days (52 more hours actually, but who's counting) until our return to the playoffs, boys!!!

In the mean time, here's some good mojo while we wait for Saturday

I know we are former Oilers but I didn’t want to see them on the list. Eddie George’s TD run in Indy should of been on the list 

27 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

It’s not random and I agree with you. If the Titans have no faith in Flu or Muhammad then Henry needs some help so why not Adoree. The league is well aware or when Taylor’s in the game it’s either a run or dropped pass to him so the Titans should use Adoree on offense some. I would like to see Adoree schemed open to catch a screen or thrown too deep or something other than the obvious RB Draw play because his speed is something we could use for a big chunk play

Without a change of pace back to give him a rest it was rough out there for DH.I would honestly like to give Flu a couple carries.. Im just worried we won't trust Flu or Muhammad enough to give them a carry in a playoff game. I also worry about getting Adoree hurt... We def can't afford to lose him in this game. Hence maybe not giving him the ball and using him as a decoy. Idk. As much as Murray has sucked this year. Id love to have him this game. 

On another note. CAN WE PLEASE FIND A WAY TO USE COREY DAVIS. Like come on now.. And idk if Matthews is hurt or what but damn just give the guy a chance. He looked open a couple times on Jalen last week. And Walker needs to step up. I love him. But if you're going to bring that heat and say no one can cover you (He might be right) You have to catch the damn ball.

Regardless of all of this. I trust Marcus. The man is clutch. He's struggled a bit this year stat wise. Been hurt. But lets not forget the two years before. When its a big moment. Marcus carries us and makes HUGE plays with his legs and his arms most of the time. 

49 hours and 35 MINUTES TILL KICK OFF BOYS!!!! 

21 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Was expecting way more Raiders fans to be in here. You're the first.

We're a little preoccupied arguing over these Gruden rumors atm lol.

But I guarantee were all Titan fans this weekend. I'm expecting a good game. Mariota went into Arrowhead and beat them last year, he can do it again.

Who do you guys think have the positional advantages?

QB: KC

RB: KC

WR: Toss up (I could be bias here)

TE: KC

O-line: KC

D-line: TEN

LB: TEN

CB: TEN

S: TEN

S/T: KC (as great as Kern is, Tyreek is right there with him - though I could argue Kern is such a god he won't even give Tyreek a chance at a return. I give the edge to KC's kicker since Succop is garbage from 50+)

I think they pretty easily have the better offense and we pretty easily have the better defense. KC fans or anybody who knows the Chiefs better than I do pick it apart!

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Don’t forget the most important stat HC KC

Agreed...kind of. To build Mularkey's case, didn't someone post that he's 10-4 against teams with winning records and the 4 losses were by less than 1 possession besides the Pit game this year? Also Reid isn't some kind of unstoppable force in the playoffs (11-12)...what'd he lose like 4 out of 5 NFC championships with Philly? Also in KC's last 5 home playoff games they're 0-5..just saw that stat on ESPN..not sure how many of those were under Reid though. He also choked when we played them last year and let Succop have a second chance at a field goal he made, so Mularkey has already proved he's capable of beating him in Arrowhead.

58 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Don’t forget the most important stat HC KC

If this were the regular season, maybe. (And even then Mularkey is 1-0 vs Reid so far in the regular season). Postseason Andy Reid is putrid. Guy goes in to a conservative shell that'd make Fisher blush.

37 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Agreed...kind of. To build Mularkey's case, didn't someone post that he's 10-4 against teams with winning records and the 4 losses were by less than 1 possession besides the Pit game this year? Also Reid isn't some kind of unstoppable force in the playoffs (11-12)...what'd he lose like 4 out of 5 NFC championships with Philly? Also in KC's last 5 home playoff games they're 0-5..just saw that stat on ESPN..not sure how many of those were under Reid though. He also choked when we played them last year and let Succop have a second chance at a field goal he made, so Mularkey has already proved he's capable of beating him in Arrowhead.

Yeah, that record and stat is what I posted/is correct off the top of my head.

KC should be favored in this game but we've proven our worth vs good teams. Pittsburgh is the only team with a winning record that's beaten us by more than 1 score under Mularkey's permanent HC reign, and if Mariota doesn't throw really bad picks and Delanie doesn't drop the TD(neither of which are really coaching issues) that's probably not even the case there.

If we don't give KC a close game I'll be surprised.

18 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Random thought.. I think Adoree needs a play or two on offense this week. Even if he doesn't get the ball. Make the defense think about it at the very least. 

I think he should get four or five. We're in the playoffs, we need to do everything we possibly can to win each individual play. Adoree, even in a distraction role, provides a spark to this offense. With Mariota feeling comfortable running again, I'd honestly like to see us come out and have Adoree on the field on the first play. Put it in their head early.

Archived