GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

I’m so giddy for Saturday the only problem with me being this giddy is when I get this excited the Titans usually drop a dud so hopefully that’s not the case.

Im surprised this thread is only at 3 pages right now there’s so many things to talk about this week.

I wish I had the money to go fly to KC for this game the Titans Radio crew is having a get together Fri night at the hotel and a tailgate Sat. I hope the Titans and Jags win this week so that  I can do this with them in New England 

My girlfriend surprised me with tickets to the game so I'll be there in my best bright blue.

As for my feelings on Mularkey, he can't be fired. I think that would help us in the long term, but I don't think a FO can justify firing a coach who took a team that had 5 wins in its previous 2 seasons to back to back 9-7 seasons and a playoff berth. That just cannot be justified, and that's coming from me of all people.

The offense was absolutely atrocious all season despite having a lot of talent on the roster.We snuck into the playoffs because of what was probably the NFLs easiest schedule. He's probably given a 2 year extension and the chance to bring in a new OC. Hopefully he's not stubborn and let's someone run their own offense and brings in someone with west coast offense experience for Mariota to flourish.

We can pair it with Mularkeys running schemes and go from the exotic smashmouth to the west coast power.

I’m going to ask a million questions from now until Sat to enjoy this process while I can. As we talk about this game all week long my first worry on offense is what do we do at RB this week? 

Demarco was not walking well Sunday and there is just no way I feel he is in any condition to be of help Saturday

I think Henry is capable of having a good game but the Titans need to find him some help. Is it Mularkeys decision or Robiskies decision to use a particular player on a given play or drive? I know they arnt going to take us to a Super Bowl but why are Fluellen and Muhammad active if they only play special teams or in Muhammad’s case doesn’t play at all?

I understand as well its tough to go trust 2 guys that haven’t played meaningful snaps all year and if something goes wrong everyone will crucify the coaches but I wish if it’s a couple of short yardage runs by Flu or a screen pass to Muhammad to get his speed in space just someone to help complement Henry some how this weekend. I’m grasping at straws to think Flu or Muhammad can help but it’s the coaches job to get these guys in a position to help.

Im assuming when Saturdays Game starts we will only see Henry but I wish we just had some more options to help in anyway shape of form. Hopefully Henry finds some running room and has a good game so we don’t have to worry about the depth guys and he has an all world game and runs wild 

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah I wanted to draft a new interior OL early last year.

I like Billy Price in round 1 this year. If we're going to be stuck with Mulark we better be able to run the ball.

Wish there was a way to get Quenton Nelson. I think Spain will be the one resigned of the 2 OGs. 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Wish there was a way to get Quenton Nelson. I think Spain will be the one resigned of the 2 OGs. 

Yeah, lately he's been listed in the top 10. I do like Price's ability yo play either OG or C. I think Jones is incredibly overrated. 

I do think Spain is the lesser of the OGs though. I'd hate for him to start again.

37 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah I wanted to draft a new interior OL early last year.

I like Billy Price in round 1 this year. If we're going to be stuck with Mulark we better be able to run the ball.

Yeah credit to you for seeing the downfall coming.   

I still hate the idea of taking interior linemen early. But if we are going to be that type of offense, gotta load up on to line. 

Archived