Playoffs/Offseason Thread

Zithers2

Hurney was just reinstated by the NFL and Panthers. Means we already know who the GM is going forward. I heard earlier this week that Richardson wanted to take care of some guys before he’s out, like signing a new contract with Ron. Heard the same thing about Hurney, which is unfortunate. It’d be nice to get a new voice in. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 1:08 AM, BringinDaPain said:

I'm calling Bull$hit on this. First these are not cleats they look to me to be some type of cross training running shoes. Secondly RSG Sports is not based in North Carolina or anywhere close to us. So if you would take this trash somewhere else.

Ease up. No need to get so aggressive about it.

Another release today - J Stew. Sad to see him go with what he has done in the past and for the community but it was time. I'm glad Hurney is making the tough decisions to let go some of the fan favorites and I'm excited to see who we pick up to add to our rushing attack with Cam and CMC

these 3 releases after the last year IMO were all necessary. need to get younger and better and get some of the guys we already have PT. I still want CAP to get a little more PT ( IMO he looked better than j stew in his limited time last year) I also expect us to draft a mid round rb (dunno how this draft is for rb's outside of the top few). I actually do like fun fun, olsen, and Samuel/byrd as our wr corps. no true #1 but IMO all are threats to go over 100 yds any game and throw in c mac and I think we're sitting ok. I think we need a back TE to groom, d line, o line and safety.

• 2 weeks later...

Just traded Worley to Philadelphia for Torrey Smith. He has 2 years at 5mil per year left on his contract. Overall, I don't understand why we would give up on Worley when he still is only 24. I guess we aren't going to be looking at Watkins or AR. 

Worley had an up and down couple years here, I don't really feel bad about moving on from him. Especially considering the Richard Sherman buzz going around. It's not impossible to develop another young guy in the mean time. 

On the offensive side, now we have that Jerricho Cotchery role filled. Good to have a reliable receiver in the room. Between Byrd, Samuel and Mccaffery we have enough speed at the position. I'd like one more guy though but at least we wont have to get in the Watkins, AR bidding war.

Archived