Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Schneider and/or any other outside candidate make no sense.  A team doesn't drop 100M in cap dollars over 4 years and THEN hire their next GM who had nothing to do with that decision.

Agreed but I'd go all toddhaleysausage.gif  if they hired Scot McCloughan

6 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:

Agreed but I'd go all toddhaleysausage.gif  if they hired Scot McCloughan

I would not have much bad to say about Ball being named GM if McGloughan was brought in as a top-level assistant to cover the (presumed) losses among Wolf/Gute/Highsmith

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I would not have much bad to say about Ball being named GM if McGloughan was brought in as a top-level assistant to cover the (presumed) losses among Wolf/Gute/Highsmith

I'm completely along for the ride on this one. Only caveat for me is I'd like a talent evaluator in the GM seat. A CAP expert is a necessary evil - an important one - for both the GB market and if the CAP shrinks in future years - but I'd like the guy pulling the trigger doing so based on potential player growth and on the field impact.

Again from McGinn: The Packers hope Moss lands another job. Apparently he will interview for the Detroit job?  I guess MM wasn't kidding about the organization not wanting to fire anyone

I don't want to pay for access to any website but McGinns is now tempting. Say what you want about him, dude is dialed in

Just now, cannondale said:

Again from McGinn: The Packers hope Moss lands another job. Apparently he will interview for the Detroit job?  I guess MM wasn't kidding about the organization not wanting to fire anyone

bunch of cupcakes

15 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I am not sure if McCloughan is a GM option, but could be a replacement option for one of the senior positions if Highsmith, Wolf , or Gute leave?

Love the idea of adding McCloughan to our front office ... guy is a good scout with an eye for talent.  The more the merrier in that regard.  

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Love the idea of adding McCloughan to our front office ... guy is a good scout with an eye for talent.  The more the merrier in that regard.  

Agreed, especially since there's likely a good chance that GM won't be the only opening they'll need to fill in the FO. Highsmith already talking with the Browns and could join Dorsey's staff, and depending on who gets the gig at GM, Wolf or Gutekunst might also want out.

Archived