What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

no.... this time that is no exaggerating...

Keenum was widely looked at last year at being sign as one of the worst QB's in the NFL.

I don't know, there are several young quarterbacks who are worse than Case was every year.

Just now, Worm Guts said:

I don't know, there are several young quarterbacks who are worse than Case was every year.

Correct, many guys with similar experience/reps were far worse. And Keenum was on awful teams yet still did better than the guys he replaced or was replaced with.

We were talking about 2016. or anytime before this year.

And I'm saying there's usually a few every year.  Sam Bradford's lowest QBR is worse than Case Keenum's lowest QBR (at least according to football reference, which apparently has a different number than ESPN).

1 minute ago, Worm Guts said:

This year would be Mitch Trubisky, Deshon Kizer, Trevor Simien.

Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Blake Bortles also all come to mind from the last few years.

2017 starting QB Salaries - not too many on here making under $15 Million a year, and not on a rookie deal. I think that some folks need to re-evaluate what QB's cost in the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19705736/what-every-nfl-starting-quarterback-makes-2017

I could write an article saying how bad he was. You could literally go up and down that list in 2016 and I couldn't find a QB who had a worse season than Case.

Outside of this year, his truly best year was his rookie year where he played in 2 games. Didn't win anything, but he was throwing tho some good players and had some good games. Andre Johnson and Hopkins.

The hardest part about judging Case is still he was never on a good team. I am not saying I don't like him, or don't want him to even be our future QB.

The whole argument I was helping defend a little bit is I don't believe he is going to get franchise tag type of money over one year of solid production.

I just don't see it happening. I believe the team will let him walk and settle with Teddy (not that much of a settlement) before they are forced to franchise him.

Case was absolutely terrible last year. Previous years before that he never really had a shot at starting. Showed a little promise his rookie year when taking over for Schaub.

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I could write an article saying how bad he was. You could literally go up and down that list in 2016 and I couldn't find a QB who had a worse season than Case.

Outside of this year, his truly best year was his rookie year where he played in 2 games. Didn't win anything, but he was throwing tho some good players and had some good games. Andre Johnson and Hopkins.

The hardest part about judging Case is still he was never on a good team. I am not saying I don't like him, or don't want him to even be our future QB.

The whole argument I was helping defend a little bit is I don't believe he is going to get franchise tag type of money over one year of solid production.

I just don't see it happening. I believe the team will let him walk and settle with Teddy (not that much of a settlement) before they are forced to franchise him.

Case was absolutely terrible last year. Previous years before that he never really had a shot at starting. Showed a little promise his rookie year when taking over for Schaub.

I get your argument - whoever pays Case is taking on significant risk that he regresses toward his mean. Putting you on the spot - how much do you think he will get paid (not asking your personal opinion on his worth, asking what you realistically think WILL happen), whether by us or someone else. Review the salary list I posted a couple spots above if that helps!

I have said it before I still believe he gets to the 20M a year range. Right around the Jay Cutler money/yr from last year. I just don't see the team fighting to franchise him. A team will offer him that 20M.

If Shurmur leaves to say the Cardinals. I could see him dipping a little bit higher into the pay scale to try and take him with and probably drafting a QB early with him. Knows what Shurmur wants him to do and he found success with it. Shurmur knows it also.

I have said it before I still believe he gets to the 20M a year range. Right around the Jay Cutler money/yr from last year. I just don't see the team fighting to franchise him. A team will offer him that 20M.

If Shurmur leaves to say the Cardinals. I could see him dipping a little bit higher into the pay scale to try and take him with and probably drafting a QB early with him. Knows what Shurmur wants him to do and he found success with it. Shurmur knows it also.

Actually just talked about this scenario with a friend. I think it is likely that Shurmur tries to take him with.

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

It's probably just a matter of semantics, I never thought Case was good, but he did seem to have the occasional 300 yard game. Games where the team put the responsibility for winning on his back.  And I see QB's start every year that aren't capable of that.  Was he one of the worst last year who had multiple starts, yes although McCown and Goff started multiple games and were worse.

Archived