What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

59 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I think skins tag cousins, you pay to keep good QBs. They are not going to go from Cousins to a "Brandon Weeden" QB, if it's just money they are giving up with especially if it's just 6-7 million extra on 1 year.

They are not going to sentence themselves to 4th in the NFC East in April, if they have anything to say about it.

Apparently Jay Gruden made some comments yesterday that make it seem like a real possibility Cousins won't be back. At least the PTI guys didn't think so.

13 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

So $30m on two QBs? What's the franchise tag for a QB going to be? As I've said earlier, why not just make a run for Kirk Cousins, he's better than both. Can't see the Redskins franchising him, I think it will cost them in excess of $30m.

I guess I'm hesitant to spend 25 million or whatever on a guy who's never won a playoff game.  I'd rather stick with one of our guys, whether it's Case or Teddy.

11 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Apparently Jay Gruden made some comments yesterday that make it seem like a real possibility Cousins won't be back. At least the PTI guys didn't think so.

Jay called him "a very, very good QB" and "its hard to say, wow this guy really was outstanding".

Hardly anything that should deter them from either franchise/transition tagging him or *cough* find common ground towards a long term deal.

12 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Jay called him "a very, very good QB" and "its hard to say, wow this guy really was outstanding".

Hardly anything that should deter them from either franchise/transition tagging him or *cough* find common ground towards a long term deal.

I didn't go through the comments, I just heard the PTI guys reaction.  Kornheiser is from Washington and doesn't think Cousins will be back.  Take it for what it's worth.

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Case Keenum - 3 years, $45M ($20M guaranteed)

Teddy Bridgewater - 1 year, $10M ($6M guaranteed)

Kirk Cousins - 5 years, $125M ($70M guaranteed)

Who would you sign?

Depends. What did Keenum do in the playoffs? And I doubt Cousins sees that much guaranteed. I believe the contract you're comparing to was Carr's, correct? Carr was younger when he signed his deal, $70m guaranteed to a near 30 year old QB seems a bit much given that he's not elite. I could stomach closer to $60m guaranteed for Cousins. If all three QBs have to learn a new system assuming Shurmur leaves, who's most likely going to grasp it and play well in it?

46 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Who would you sign?

I will reiterate a point from an earlier post. 3 years at $45 million is basically the deal Glennon got last year. Case played better this year than Glennon ever has, and if we win a few in the playoffs that will widen the gulf further. I do not believe that Keenum will be paid less than $20 million a year, which is still a steep discount from top dawgs Stafford; Carr; Luck; Brees. It is pretty widely accepted that someone will break the $30 M/season threshold in the next couple years too (Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Rodgers, Wentz, Goff, all will be up for new deals in the coming years and most will likely be locked up before they actually complete their current deals).

My prediction - 4 years, $80M-$90M, with about $45M guaranteed for case. I'd bet a lot that Case gets $20 million or more per season, which is honestly the primary reason why I am still in favor of riding with Teddy after this year. I think Case is good (maybe good enough with a special defense like this), not great in the way that Brady, Manning, Rodgers can elevate average players around them. Teddy will be cheaper, and still has higher upside. I think he gets a deal that approaches what Tyrod got (2 years, $30M), and that will be long enough for us to know if he's the long term solution. 

Keenum isn’t a top quarterback. Yes, he’s had a good year, but he was downright atrocious in his play before this year. Teams aren’t going to overlook that. 

Glennon was also younger, and had the benefit of being the best QB on the market. Keenum won’t be. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Who would you sign?

I don't think there's a right answer, but I'd probably prefer one of our guys and at 15 million a year it would probably be Case.  At those prices, I think there's an outside chance we could sign both Teddy and Case.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Keenum isn’t a top quarterback. Yes, he’s had a good year, but he was downright atrocious in his play before this year. Teams aren’t going to overlook that. 

Glennon was also younger, and had the benefit of being the best QB on the market. Keenum won’t be. 

Please - Are you implying that Glennon is a top QB? The age difference is only one year (Glennon is 28, Case 29) and its not like QB's hit an age 30 wall in the same way other positions may. Case may not be the top QB this year, but he should be the number two option behind Cousins if Cousins hits the market. Cousins probly gets a deal similar to what you suggest, and Case wont be TOO far behind. 

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Downright atrocious? I get exaggerating to make your point but that's preposterous.

2 minutes ago, golf333333 said:

Downright atrocious? I get exaggerating to make your point but that's preposterous.

Sub 60% completion percentage, sub 3% touchdown rate, 6.7 YPA, sub 80 passer rating, and one of the lowest QBR on record. 

I would call that atrocious. 

4 minutes ago, golf333333 said:

no.... this time that is no exaggerating...

Keenum was widely looked at last year at being signed as one of the worst QB's in the NFL.

I actually think Cian Fahey wrote an article on it. Some others did too

Archived