What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

5 hours ago, Riddle said:

I agree with feeling more confident in B.H20 at the lower price point, but I think you are way off in terms of your estimate of Case's market value. Mike Glennon got 3 years at $45 million last year with $18.5 guaranteed. It would cost about 20 mil to franchise case, so realistically if I'm him, that's the starting for annual salary, and given that its like a 40% raise in year two under the tag, I'd be looking for a guarantee that nears the two year franchise tag total. I would bet a lot that Case gets approx. $40 guaranteed, 4 years, $80 million. More if we win it all. And while it sounds like a lot, he's still way under the top bar set by Stafford at $27 mil per year. QB's are expensive af, especially ones with any recent success. 

You misunderstood. I wasn't estimating his market value. I was giving my personal limits of what I would be willing to offer if I was GM. That may be what he gets on the open market, but it doesn't mean I'd be willing to offer him that myself.

5 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

I don't know what the right answer is, but I do know it's tough to walk away from something you've seen work.  We've seen the Vikings go 13-3 with Case and if we have playoff success, it will be tough to walk away from the known commodity.  That doesn't mean signing Teddy for less wouldn't be the better decision, but I think that decision looks worse if he fails.

It's absolutely tough to walk away, but this front office has shown a pretty good success rate in knowing when to let someone go, either due to decline or demanding too much money.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I think you're more likely to see Teddy and a veteran FA vs Keenum and an early pick. Why spend an early pick on a QB if you bring back Teddy?

Price point. Frees up even more money. 

15 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Depends on what you think the necessary level of play is at QB. We don't need amazing performances.

Teams, will always choose the best QB they can get/acquire. They will ante up for the good ones, and move other pieces around, if necessary,  to accommodate

Is there any case for Bradford? Is he any more or less of a question mark than Teddy? I’m a Bradford fan, but obviously would need to see him healthy. And considering his injury history, and questionable sustainability of said health, what would Bradford cost the Vikings? Just curious.

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Teams, will always choose the best QB they can get/acquire. They will ante up for the good ones, and move other pieces around, if necessary,  to accommodate

Best they can get at their price point.

We've seen how a team can fall apart if a QB overprices and you can no longer afford your defensive stud. Is the difference in talent worth the extra money in a system predicated on a ball-control offense? I lean no.

2 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Best they can get at their price point.

We've seen how a team can fall apart if a QB overprices and you can no longer afford your defensive stud. Is the difference in talent worth the extra money in a system predicated on a ball-control offense? I lean no.

I understand what your say but ... when has team been successful when they willingly decided to you know, save some money and choose the lower QB (non rookie example)

39 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Is there any case for Bradford? Is he any more or less of a question mark than Teddy? I’m a Bradford fan, but obviously would need to see him healthy. And considering his injury history, and questionable sustainability of said health, what would Bradford cost the Vikings? Just curious.

Something in the back of my head tells me we will end up with Bradford in an incentive-laced deal, and an early draft pick and Sloter next year.

1 minute ago, perrynoid said:

Something in the back of my head tells me we will end up with Bradford in an incentive-laced deal, and an early draft pick and Sloter next year.

Granted it was one game, Bradford looked better than Keenum and Teddy this year when healthy. I'd say Bradford is more of a health risk at this point in his career.

51 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I understand what your say but ... when has team been successful when they willingly decided to you know, save some money and choose the lower QB (non rookie example)

I guess the first parallel that comes to mind would be Griffin-Cousins in 2015. I know you said non-rookie, but going Wilson over Flynn could be pretty similar too.

35 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I guess the first parallel that comes to mind would be Griffin-Cousins in 2015. I know you said non-rookie, but going Wilson over Flynn could be pretty similar too.

These are both rookie scale contract examples.

Generally you pay the QB, like when Russell Wilson needed a new contract, and Seattle just did a poor job managing their talent and their draft resources.

Archived