Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is correct. Week 3 and the answer isnt found on our roster.

Or - perhaps Turner gets rotated up (?) and is Jenkins backup with Pankey becoming our depth?

No changes. Jenkins is your starting LG which he was going to be anyways. Patrick now your top swing G. Pankey fills a roster spot and probably inactive most weeks unless further injuries. 

Basically the only affect this has is that Patrick moves up a slot into the top backup G role. A drop off from Taylor but not a catastrophic one by any means. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is correct. Week 3 and the answer isnt found on our roster.

Or - perhaps Turner gets rotated up (?) and is Jenkins backup with Pankey becoming our depth?

1 minute ago, boratt said:

??? I don’t understand what this means?

Initially my thinking was that Jenkins gets rotated up to start in place of Taylor - which may have occurred even if he's stayed healthy - we IR Taylor and go to get Pankey from the Titans to replace him.

In other words, Taylor's replacement wasnt on our roster.

But then I thought that perhaps Turner will backup Jenkins and Pankey will be the next man up behind both.
I seem to recall Turner's name associated most often as a backup T - but perhaps he can fill in at G as well?
I dont know.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

No changes. Jenkins is your starting LG which he was going to be anyways. Patrick now your top swing G. Pankey fills a roster spot and probably inactive most weeks unless further injuries. 

Basically the only affect this has is that Patrick moves up a slot into the top backup G role. A drop off from Taylor but not a catastrophic one by any means. 

Agree completely. It’s barely a loss, but it was nice to have Taylor because it gave Jenkins a couple weeks to just work out and learn the offense.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Oh. Okay. Its Patrick instead of Turner. Thanks for that.
I dont follow OL stuff as closely as some around here.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Initially my thinking was that Jenkins gets rotated up to start in place of Taylor - which may have occurred even if he's stayed healthy - we IR Taylor and go to get Pankey from the Titans to replace him.

In other words, Taylor's replacement wasnt on our roster.

But then I thought that perhaps Turner will backup Jenkins and Pankey will be the next man up behind both.
I seem to recall Turner's name associated most often as a backup T - but perhaps he can fill in at G as well?
I dont know.

Turner is already the starting RG, so how can he backup LG?

Just now, boratt said:

Agree completely. It’s barely a loss, but it was nice to have Taylor because it gave Jenkins a couple weeks to just work out and learn the offense.

I mean you'd like to have the luxury of having Taylor as a backup so it's a loss you wish you didn't suffer, but if you had to pick an OL to go down out of our top 6 guys, he's the one you choose by far.

1 minute ago, boratt said:

Turner is already the starting RG, so how can he backup LG?

He is? Ha! Well I told you I dont follow OL stuff that closely :)

Okay....so its Bak, Jenkins, Linsley, Turner & Bulaga.

Processing the data update...............

Complete. The file has been updated and restored to functionality.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Wow. That happened suddenly. Pretty sure Taylor was listed as a limited participant in practice earlier in the week. Now he's done for the year or most of the year

Pretty obvious he hurt it in practice Thursday. He was marked limited, then DNP, then Out. Figured it was serious but hoped it was a "week or two" type injury.

Pankey is one of those guys that no matter what roster he is on, feels like we own his rights. We had a backup FB from Michigan the last few years whose name I can't remember was the same way, no matter how many times they're cut they end up back here ha.

This shouldn't hurt us unless we get another injury. The drop-off from Turner/Taylor to Jenkins was small if at all, but Jenkins/Turner to Patrick/Pankey is much larger.