Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Is it bad that I watched that and wished our QB hit deep balls like that?

I thought the same thing, actually.  So no, not bad.  We'll see it again on the next go round with our 3rd MVP QB in succession - not too far off from now.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -   Did you know Aaron Jones led all RBs in downfield targets in 2019...Yep!

How many of them were catchable and not disguised as he was the only one in bounds close enough to give the target to when the only one who had a chance at catching it was the long snapper waiting out of bounds?

42 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Is it bad that I watched that and wished our QB hit deep balls like that?

I don't watch the CFL but Bo Levi Mitchell is by far the best QB in the league, from what I've heard. At least he was for a while

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

How many of them were catchable and not disguised as he was the only one in bounds close enough to give the target to when the only one who had a chance at catching it was the long snapper waiting out of bounds?

I'll give you credit … it doesn't take you long to get back on that horse.

Just now, YaddaHolla said:

I wonder what his catch % is. He’s been overthrown on a ton of those.

Aaron Jones has 433 yards after the catch.  He has 474 receiving yards total.  That means, on all of his catches, the ball traveled only 41 yards TOTAL before he caught it.

Last year it was -15 yards.  Lol.  That means the ball traveled -15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage before he caught the ball.  Last year he LITERALLY had more yards after the catch than he had receiving yards. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneAa00.htm

Jones had 2 drops all season long.  Two.  That means that out of 68 targets, 51 (49 receptions plus 2 drops) were catchable. 

Sorry, @coachbuns.  It is beyond relevant to bring up. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Aaron Jones has 433 yards after the catch.  He has 474 receiving yards total.  That means, on all of his catches, the ball traveled only 41 yards TOTAL before he caught it.

Last year it was -15 yards.  Lol.  That means the ball traveled -15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage before he caught the ball.  Last year he LITERALLY had more yards after the catch than he had receiving yards. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneAa00.htm

Jones had 2 drops all season long.  Two.  That means that out of 68 targets, 51 (49 receptions plus 2 drops) were catchable. 

Sorry, @coachbuns.  It is beyond relevant to bring up. 

Not disputing it a bit … matter of fact I agree.  Matter of fact, we all agree.  Just making a point. 

So yeah, sorry @Leader for pointing out the flaw in your Twitter post again, but that's meaningless. 

For comparison, the ball traveled further on 27 receptions for Rex Burkhead than it did for Aaron Jones on 49 receptions.  You can call a throw 5 yards over a player's head a target all you want.  Doesn't mean anything if it was a glorified throwaway.