Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Label me skeptical that any rookie comes into the team and earns enough trust to be a #2.

Lazard has that trust already.  It'll take a rookie some time to gain it.  And I'm not taking practices or games, it probably takes a year and a half or more.

Maybe, just maybe that isn't the case if the right FA wide receiver is brought in.  And...I don't know who that is....

Call me crazy, but my hope is that Gute can pull off what he did last year with edge rusher and bring in a FA WR that we are all unimpressed with, think he over paid for, and he plays lights out with remarkable productivity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Call me crazy, but my hope is that Gute can pull off what he did last year with edge rusher and bring in a FA WR that we are all unimpressed with, think he over paid for, and he plays lights out with remarkable productivity.

Difference is an EDGE rusher doesn’t have to have Aaron Rodgers throw him the ball.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Difference is an EDGE rusher doesn’t have to have Aaron Rodgers throw him the ball.

Rodgers has been fine from day one with MANY guys, rookies and vets. Certain WR who aren't running plays right can get in his dog house over time, but that's earned. He might be a bit fussy on this but not nearly as bad as most people make it sound.

37 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Rodgers has been fine from day one with MANY guys, rookies and vets. Certain WR who aren't running plays right can get in his dog house over time, but that's earned. He might be a bit fussy on this but not nearly as bad as most people make it sound.

When?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Adams, Montgomery, Rodgers, Kumerow, heck Lazzard. Guys like Janis, MVS and Finley screwed up enough to at least partially earn the treatment they received.

Lazard had practices with Rodgers last year before playing this year

Kumerow didn't get **** for targets as a first year Packer.

Rodgers averaged fewer than 2 targets per game as a rookie. 

Montgomery had 19 targets as a Rookie.

Adams is the only one that saw any volume as a rookie and he didn't even break 500 yards.

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lazard had practices with Rodgers last year before playing this year

Kumerow didn't get **** for targets as a first year Packer.

Rodgers averaged fewer than 2 targets per game as a rookie. 

Montgomery had 19 targets as a Rookie.

Adams is the only one that saw any volume as a rookie and he didn't even break 500 yards.

So how does any of this show they weren't screwing up?  This may be more game planning and play calling than anything.  It's been mentioned many times on this forum it takes 2-3 years to learn the finer points of an offensive system.  Seems like just normal acclamation to a system by a young player.