Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Elgton Jenkins is boring to me because I’m so bored of being right.  Get your IOL in the second-fifth rounds.  Yawn.  I’m like a broken record to myself.

I'm still shocked that Q Nelson went 6th overall lol. 

Andy retiring changes things but I'm sure Indy would rather have one of Minkah / Tre Edmonds / Derwin James / Jaire in retrospect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Spark notes.

final score being within a TD doesn't mean it was a "close game" (garbage time, etc.)

win probability within last 5 minutes of 4th quarter being between 40 and 60% was counted as a "close game". If every one of those games was reversed this season (there were 63 total games like this), GB would have still won the NFCN at 12-4 and have been the #2 seed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

final score being within a TD doesn't mean it was a "close game" (garbage time, etc.)

win probability within last 5 minutes of 4th quarter being between 40 and 60% was counted as a "close game". If every one of those games was reversed this season (there were 63 total games like this), GB would have still won the NFCN at 12-4 and have been the #2 seed.

@AlexGreen#20, paging Alex Green.  

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@AlexGreen#20, paging Alex Green.  

Week 1: 2:14 in the 4th quarter, The Bears had the ball 1st and 10 at the GB 16 down 3-10

Week 2: 4:06 in the 4th quarter, the Vikings had the ball 1st and 10 at the Min 24 down 16-21

Week 4: Packers ended up with a loss against the Eagles on a last second INT that should have been PI.

Week 6: Packers win on a game winning FG as time expires against the Lions.

Week 8 6:38 in the 4th quarter, the Chiefs had the ball 1st and 10 at the KC 33 down 24-31

Week 10: Packers hold Christian McCaffrey out on a goal line dive as time expires. Panthers would have had to convert untimed 2 point conversion to tie.

Week 15: Bears had the ball twice in the final 2 minutes. Once at midfield and once at the GB 43 down 21-13

Week 17: Packers win against the Lions on game winning FG. 

Don't tell me we haven't been playing close games. 

If you want to say that there's a significant difference in the 1-score game heading between 2 points, 3 points, 4, 5, and 6 points, 7 points, and 8 points, I'm all for hearing that argument. But this Packers team has absolutely not been cruising. 

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Week 1: 2:14 in the 4th quarter, The Bears had the ball 1st and 10 at the GB 16 down 3-10

Week 2: 4:06 in the 4th quarter, the Vikings had the ball 1st and 10 at the Min 24 down 16-21

Week 4: Packers ended up with a loss against the Eagles on a last second INT that should have been PI.

Week 6: Packers win on a game winning FG as time expires against the Lions.

Week 8 6:38 in the 4th quarter, the Chiefs had the ball 1st and 10 at the KC 33 down 24-31

Week 10: Packers hold Christian McCaffrey out on a goal line dive as time expires. Panthers would have had to convert untimed 2 point conversion to tie.

Week 15: Bears had the ball twice in the final 2 minutes. Once at midfield and once at the GB 43 down 21-13

Week 17: Packers win against the Lions on game winning FG. 

Don't tell me we haven't been playing close games. 

If you want to say that there's a significant difference in the 1-score game heading between 2 points, 3 points, 4, 5, and 6 points, 7 points, and 8 points, I'm all for hearing that argument. But this Packers team has absolutely not been cruising. 

That article  pretty much "says it all" on close games ...  article didn't say they were cruising ...  it just stated the games weren't as close as some think.   Another source that one can believe or dispute ... all in the eye of the beholder.   Either way, very entertaining.

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Looking back at the 2017 draft class, can't help but think this may be Montravius Adams' last year in GB. I know he has one year left on his deal but not sure he'll make the team next year. He was once again talked up in the preseason and I think at one point was mentioned by Pettine early on as the most improved player. 

That "improvement" led to 187 total snaps on defense, netting 11 tackles, 0 QB hits and 0 sacks. In other words, Adams completely bombed. At this point, the guy barely plays and his few snaps pretty much go to Keke. Big disappointment for the former 3rd round pick. 

He has 1 camp to stay healthy and ball out. I agree though he’s probably out.

3 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Long overdue. Next up is actually getting him into the HOF

Im willing to grant that I have GB bias, but the numbers back up Butler and Sharpe being HoF level players. I thought at one point Darren Sharper might've had a shot, but forget that rapist. And if Nick Collins had managed another 3-4 yrs at the level he was at when he had his injury he couldve made a case as well.

So Sharpe and Butler are the only Packers who I think are deserving that arent in (though Id like to hear why Billy Howton was never inducted).

3 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Long overdue. Next up is actually getting him into the HOF

I’m happy a great player from my childhood is getting consideration but honestly I don’t think Butler’s resume is HoF worthy. 4 all pros and a ring without being an all time leader in anything  is hall of very good, not HoF. Maybe he gets in as a senior player in 15 years

13 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Im willing to grant that I have GB bias, but the numbers back up Butler and Sharpe being HoF level players. I thought at one point Darren Sharper might've had a shot, but forget that rapist. And if Nick Collins had managed another 3-4 yrs at the level he was at when he had his injury he couldve made a case as well.

So Sharpe and Butler are the only Packers who I think are deserving that arent in (though Id like to hear why Billy Howton was never inducted).

I don’t think Sharpe and Butler have the numbers, longevity, or ring (Sharpe).

Collins injury sucked. He already had a ring and 3 all pros in 6 years. He was on an HOF trajectory.

Sharper will never be inducted into the HoF due to his terribleness as a person. With that said, his football resume was first or second ballet (ring, 6 all pros, 8th all time in ints). 

Clay probably is outside looking in unless he breaks 100 sacks

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/sacks_career.htm

If Clay gets in, I think it is due to being a pretty popular player and having a family legacy. He currently sits at 46th in sacks, 6th among active players.  I'm not sure that the other players on the list around him are really HOF worthy either.  He would be in the hall of very good, at least IMO.

• Like 2