Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

48 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Can you guess the CBs? Player B didn't do some of the drills. Wonder how they would compare overall. They may not be the best comparison, especially based on incomplete data, but I'm gonna go ahead and do it and say Player A's rookie season will go as well as Player B.B|

A: HEIGHT 5' 10"

WEIGHT: 196 lbs

ARMS: 31 1/8”
HANDS:  9 1/2”

40 Yard Dash: 4.38

Bench Press: 14

Vertical Jump: 35.0

Broad Jump 127.0

3 Cone Drill: 6.71

20 Yd Shuttle: 3.98

B:  6'0"HEIGHT

31 1/4"ARM LENGTH

193LBS.WEIGHT

8 7/8"HANDS

40 Yard Dash: 4.36

Vertical Jump: 38.5

Broad Jump 132.0

Player C is a closer comparison in regards to size and athleticism.  There is more to playing CB than athletic measurables.

PLAYER C:

HEIGHT: 5' 10"

WEIGHT: 195 lbs

ARMS: 32"

HANDS:  10"

40 Yard Dash: 4.34

Bench Press: 15

Vertical Jump: 41

Broad Jump 128

Edited by SSG

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am going to guess that A is Jaire Alexander, and B is Marshon Lattimore.

Yep

40 minutes ago, SSG said:

Player C is a closer comparison in regards to size and athleticism.  There is more to playing CB than athletic measurables.

PLAYER C:

Broad Jump 128

No ****? Where did anyone state different?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SSG said:

PLAYER C:

Broad Jump 128

You are killing me man.  How can you make me remember Ahmad Carroll.  Now I have to start drinking heavily and it is only 11 AM.

In defense of Carroll though, the NFL changed its approach to pass interference in 2004 and basically cracked down his style of play in college.  The Packers failed to adjust their board in the limited time before the draft.  If I recall correctly, Carroll was actually on the educational tape for the officials as an example of what to call.  Makes for a tough transition to the NFL.

Alexander shouldn't have that problem.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

On 10/07/2018 at 4:24 PM, Outpost31 said:

Because favorite songs are temporary.  Favorite movies are forever. 

Take it from someone twice your age - you are wrong. Time tells me the good ones in both categories endure, music maybe even more so than film (at least for me).  I have loved good music and film from 50 and more years ago and will continue to, until I die...............and after that it doesn't really matter to me anymore.
Waterloo Sunset (Kinks, 1967) or The Maltese Falcon (film 1941) are two of my absolute timeless favourites, both over 50 years old. I could easily  have picked an older song and newer film, but the point is made well enough.

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

Waterloo Sunset (Kinks, 1967) or The Maltese Falcon (film 1941) are two of my absolute timeless favourites, both over 50 years old. I could easily  have picked an older song and newer film, but the point is made well enough.

Nope.  I've changed my favorite song at least 10 times in the past 10 years.  My favorite movie has been going strong for 14 years now and if I live for another hundred years, I don't see it falling out of my top three. 

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Nope.  I've changed my favorite song at least 10 times in the past 10 years.  My favorite movie has been going strong for 14 years now and if I live for another hundred years, I don't see it falling out of my top three. 

That just tells me there are more good songs out there than good films. Lots and lots more.