Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you honestly believe we wouldn't be better without Jordy right now?

What's hard to understand about this?  Having Jordy AND Allison is better than having only Allison. 

It's simple math.  1 + 0 = 1.  1 + 1 = 2.  2 is always higher than 1. 

I'm saying we're equal with Allison + 10m. Allison was the literal definition of perfect until a drop or 2 yesterday.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you honestly believe we wouldn't be better without Jordy right now?

I'm not gonna go down this extended rabbit hole again. This ground was covered in minute details in the off season IMO.

The organization felt it was time to move on from Nelson. Based on mid to latter part of last year performances - he showed signs of slowing down, becoming less productive.....whatever. It doesnt matter for me. They felt it was time to move on.

I wasnt opposed to looking at FA WRs. I was pleased the team invested in the future in the draft.

So far this year - I'm pleased with Allisons output/production. I've discussed what I perceive as his strengths and weaknesses - to the point its pointless to discuss them any longer. Outside of yesterdays performance (which I've not seen yet) he's been a reliable target and yards producer - exactly what this team needs.

The "variable" of which WR has which QB throwing the ball to them in what system will always exist and cant be affimatively hunted to ground in either case. Its unknowable. 

Allison is our WR2 too at the moment.
He's replacing our WR2 from last year.
I'm posting their 2018 stats simply because its a topic of interest - NOT - to inflame some overly drawn out grand argument. I'm doing it simply because I want to. Find it interesting if you want to - ignore it is you wish. It's no matter to me.

Edited by Leader

Just now, CWood21 said:

But you also have to take into account the $8M or whatever we saved by releasing him.

Also, you really don't have to take that into account.  Jordy said himself he would have come back on even an acceptable deal.  Even after we cut him.  We probably could have saved at LEAST 4 million and STILL kept him. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Um, yes.  That's exactly what I'm saying. 

Jordy Nelson - 16 receptions, 274 yards, 17.1 yards per catch, 2 touchdowns.
Jimmy/MVS - 18 receptions, 210 yards, 11.6 yards per catch, 1 touchdown. 

Jordy literally is literally more productive than Graham and MVS.  Literally

Unless, of course, you consider 2 receptions more productive than 5.5 yards per reception and a full touchdown. 

I mean sure.  But we're also talking about a guy who isn't getting reps on offense.  Those reps are going to Geronimo Allison.  And if you combine JImmy Graham and Allison's production, it exceeds that of Jordy Nelson.  And those two combined are making less than what Nelson was set to make.  So would you take Jordy over Jimmy Graham and Geronimo Allison?  And that's not taking into account what affect (or is it effect?) Jimmy Graham is having on the rest of the offense.

Just now, Leader said:

'm posting their 2018 stats simply because its a topic of interest - NOT - to inflame some overly drawn out grand argument. I'm doing it simply because I want to. Find it interesting if you want to - ignore it is you wish. It's no matter to me.

And once again, I'm not trying to get you to stop.  I'm pointing out a response to it.  If you post something, you're opening yourself up to conversation on it.  You think it's interesting, I'm pointing out that it's a silly thing to compare due to the circumstances.  If I started drawing comparisons to Jimmy Graham and Jared Cook and how we should have kept Cook, you'd be pointing out circumstances, too.  

Also, you really don't have to take that into account.  Jordy said himself he would have come back on even an acceptable deal.  Even after we cut him.  We probably could have saved at LEAST 4 million and STILL kept him. 

Even if that is the case, let's look at the guy whose directly replacing him.  Jordy Nelson is posting similar production to Geronimo Allison, but he was set to make about 12x as much as Allison would make.  I have a hard time believing that is that big of a difference.  If we don't take money into account, I'd absolutely love to have Jordy.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean sure.  But we're also talking about a guy who isn't getting reps on offense.  Those reps are going to Geronimo Allison.  And if you combine JImmy Graham and Allison's production, it exceeds that of Jordy Nelson.  And those two combined are making less than what Nelson was set to make.  So would you take Jordy over Jimmy Graham and Geronimo Allison?  And that's not taking into account what affect (or is it effect?) Jimmy Graham is having on the rest of the offense.

I think Jordy Nelson and Jimmy Graham or Jordy Nelson and Geronimo Allison would give us more than Jimmy Graham and Geronimo Allison. 

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'm saying we're equal with Allison + 10m. Allison was the literal definition of perfect until a drop or 2 yesterday.

Allison could have been just as perfect WITH Nelson.  That's my point.  We wouldn't have lost Allison.  And don't say he wouldn't have had as many opportunities because it would have been negligible.  Didn't Allison play 70 some percent of the snaps last year? 

Um, yes.  That's exactly what I'm saying. 

Jordy Nelson - 16 receptions, 274 yards, 17.1 yards per catch, 2 touchdowns.
Jimmy/MVS - 18 receptions, 210 yards, 11.6 yards per catch, 1 touchdown. 

Jordy literally is literally more productive than Graham and MVS.  Literally

Unless, of course, you consider 2 receptions more productive than 5.5 yards per reception and a full touchdown. 

He's literally more productive because of 1 outlier game. The rest of the games he has looked like he did much of last year. MVS had 1 catch for 38 yards which is more yards than Jordy had in W1 & W2. 

Jordy's game logs:                   

W1 - 3/23 0 TD

W2 - 2/30  0 TD

W3 - 6/173  1 TD

W4 - 5/48 1 TD 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Allison could have been just as perfect WITH Nelson.  That's my point.  We wouldn't have lost Allison.  And don't say he wouldn't have had as many opportunities because it would have been negligible.  Didn't Allison play 70 some percent of the snaps last year? 

Do you truly believe that Geronimo would get the same amount of targets with Jordy on the roster?  Because I certainly don't.

5 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

He's literally more productive because of 1 outlier game. The rest of the games he has looked like he did much of last year. MVS had 1 catch for 38 yards which is more yards than Jordy had in W1 & W2. 

Jordy's game logs:                   

W1 - 3/23 0 TD

W2 - 2/30  0 TD

W3 - 6/173  1 TD

W4 - 5/48 1 TD 

So Jordy is getting better as he gets more acquainted with a new QB is what you're telling me?  And I'm supposed to be impressed with MVS because he had a 38 yard catch a quarter after he nearly gave a Bills DB a pick six?

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do you truly believe that Geronimo would get the same amount of targets with Jordy on the roster?  Because I certainly don't.

No, but I think he'd still be here and that Jordy would have been perfectly capable of matching Allison's production.

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

There is so much wrong with this. 

Jordy had 11 yards per catch and 6 touchdowns with Rodgers last year and that's not good?

Second, why are you comparing Adams to Nelson?  Neither of those players replaced Jordy.  We had both of them. 

It's Graham we should be comparing Jordy to, NOT Adams or Allison.  We replaced JORDY with JIMMY.  Jordy is averaging 17.1 yards per reception with Carr.  He has 16 catches for 274 yards and 2 touchdowns.  Jimmy Graham is averaging 10.6 yards per reception with Rodgers.  16 receptions, 170 yards and 1 touchdown. 

Jordy Nelson is performing considerably better than the player we replaced him with. 

I swear to God sometimes you people argue with me just because you don't want me to be right.  The fact of the matter is that Jordy is performing better than the player we replaced him with. 

You can't point to Allison and Adams because we already had Adams and Allison.  Those aren't the replacements. 

Jordy is proving with every single game that he's still got it.  Graham isn't. 

You told the dude he's worse than you think if he thought for a minute Davante would be outperforming Jordy...  Also if we kept Jordy then probably Geronimo wouldn't be playing as much but whoever our TE was (Kendricks?) would have to be outperforming Graham, if you wanted to look at it that way.

Edited by Stevein2012

So Jordy is getting better as he gets more acquainted with a new QB is what you're telling me?  And I'm supposed to be impressed with MVS because he had a 38 yard catch a quarter after he nearly gave a Bills DB a pick six?

I am saying that Jordy's number are inflated because of one outlier game and he is not performing considerably better than the player that we replaced him with whether it be GMO or Jimmy, which was your argument.

Edited by TheBitzMan