Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

So Florio is on a mission to build support against Rodgers by publishing this story.  Seems akin to jury tampering, but whatever.

Florio is a huge Viking fan and Arkish a Bears lover.  I'd be pissed too cuz Rodgers has owned both teams for years.  Neither like Rodgers .. boo hoo, wah wah ... I'm not voting for him as he kicks our arse.

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I just can’t see it with Z.  I mean, at least 69 , 23 and 18 have seen the practice field. If he’s not getting tuned up by now, I don’t know how they could bring him back just before the hypothetical SB. 

On top of that, the timeline of his injury has me nervous about playing him. Basically he was holding out for a better contract in camp, didn’t get it, showed up injured, gutted it out through a few practices into the Saints game then it was decided he needed surgery. As far as I know, the injury wasn’t caused in game but was the same on lingering from the offseason. I love everything Z has brought to our team but that is all a bit shady from my outsider’s perspective.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, coachbuns said:

It's frickin January.  Being that warm last year wasn't "normal" by any means.  It was -35 wind chill 2 days ago.  I'll bank on it being closer to 0 this coming January than 30 degrees.  Just sayin, I'll take a warm weather team in January any day and take the chances.

And historically it has affected the home team just as much as those visiting....Remember the Ice Bowl?....RB's Donny Anderson and Chuck Mercein were having difficulty getting their footing on the frozen ground....This is why Starr had the task of sneaking the ball in, due to the fact he could get better footing....Favre also had great difficulty in the 2008 NFCCG against the Giants....The cold of Lambeau was causing him problems as he was fighting off the cold....Lastly, remember many players in GB grew up and played in warmer climates and could have the same problems of those of the visiting team(s)....

On 1/3/2022 at 11:14 PM, coachbuns said:

It's frickin January.  Being that warm last year wasn't "normal" by any means.  It was -35 wind chill 2 days ago.  I'll bank on it being closer to 0 this coming January than 30 degrees.  Just sayin, I'll take a warm weather team in January any day and take the chances.

I live in Michigan, almost directly east of GB, and we've had unseasonably warm temperatures this winter season along with a green Christmas....This isn't "normal" either....

28 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

And historically it has affected the home team just as much as those visiting....Remember the Ice Bowl?....RB's Donny Anderson and Chuck Mercein were having difficulty getting their footing on the frozen ground....This is why Starr had the task of sneaking the ball in, due to the fact he could get better footing....Favre also had great difficulty in the 2008 NFCCG against the Giants....The cold of Lambeau was causing him problems as he was fighting off the cold....Lastly, remember many players in GB grew up and played in warmer climates and could have the same problems of those of the visiting team(s)....

Points well taken.  I don't want those super-extremes. 

• But Green Bay average in January is high 29º and low 9º.   
  • 40º for Tampa was high, and both -13º ice-bowl plus subzero extreme windchills versus Giants are extreme lows. 
  • I don't want those, I want 15º.  Rodgers has proven himself to be able to throw very well within that 9-30º temperature range, and Dillon and Adams are fine at those ranges.  I'm not sure every other QB is as fine and unaffected.  
  • I do fear the super-extreme cold, though.  The Packers are so braggy about the sleeveless life, I think the look-tough sleeveless stuff can be fine in the teens and twenties, but at -13º it's too much.  
  • The cold disadvantaged Favre and the Packers against the Giants.  The giants dressed up warmly and appropriately for the conditions; the Packers were too macho and too dumb to dress appropriately for the conditions.  Personally I don't see why it's "tough" to dress wrong for the conditions.  
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I live in Michigan, almost directly east of GB, and we've had unseasonably warm temperatures this winter season along with a green Christmas....This isn't "normal" either....

It hasn't even gotten to winter yet ... just had -35 below wind chill this week.  Lower Michigan doesn't get anywhere near the cold that Wisconsin gets ... Lake Michigan is your savior.  Green Christmas; not in Central and Northern Wisconsin, 4-8" today.  Michigan isn't Wisconsin although you'd like to be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

LOL ... you and I are both old guys who remember all that.  I think wind affects play more than cold but guarantee you that when it gets to zero degrees, warm weather players are affected more than somebody who lives here .. period.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

It hasn't even gotten to winter yet ... just had -35 below wind chill this week.  Lower Michigan doesn't get anywhere near the cold that Wisconsin gets ... Lake Michigan is your savior.  Green Christmas; not in Central and Northern Wisconsin, 4-8" today.  Michigan isn't Wisconsin although you'd like to be.

As a youth growing up, we would always get snow in November and it didn't leave until the first or middle of April....We didn't experience the two or three seasonal thaws we now get....Tigers baseball was always delayed....Now they start the season in late March....

As for Lake Michigan being a savior, this is for temperatures only....We experience lake effect snow....Snow being something Wisconsin no longer seems to gets great amounts of....IF you were to calculate snow into the Lambeau equation, this also would not necessarily be a home team benefactor....I'm just saying don't bank on the weather....IF the weather is the big X factor in our quest for a SB appearance, than what does that say about certain persons confidence in this team?...