Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's Z Time?

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Still holding out hope he's on the practice field during the bye week. Funny feeling that's been the Packers' secret plan for a while. 

Or is he saying time is running out?

absolutely mind blowing the beat writers won’t touch this with MLF 

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Or is he saying time is running out?

absolutely mind blowing the beat writers won’t touch this with MLF 

I don’t think there’s much the media  could or will get out of him. I will be surprised to see Z play another snap in GB. First step, getting on the practice field and you know it will be weeks of practice before they would throw him into a game. I would love to have him for the playoffs and wish we had him all season but actions speak louder than words and despite many tweets, there hasn’t been anything on a roster move or practice and of course nothing on field since week one. 

25 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t think there’s much the media  could or will get out of him. I will be surprised to see Z play another snap in GB. First step, getting on the practice field and you know it will be weeks of practice before they would throw him into a game. I would love to have him for the playoffs and wish we had him all season but actions speak louder than words and despite many tweets, there hasn’t been anything on a roster move or practice and of course nothing on field since week one. 

It’s still their obligation to ask. Why ask repeatedly on Jaire, Meyers, Bak, Turner, etc and not Z??

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

It’s still their obligation to ask. Why ask repeatedly on Jaire, Meyers, Bak, Turner, etc and not Z??

I haven’t followed all of the pressers, but there obviously have been some questions about Z.  What deeper questions should be asked while he’s still on IR?  Coach doesn’t have to give any information and really shouldn’t reveal anything about a player’s medical situation that isn’t required. If we see Z activated and practicing, there will be plenty of questions to answer. 

I have no fault with the media on Z.  I listen to not all but most of MLF's press conferences.  I think he's been asked about Z pretty much every week.  If MLF says we hope he'll get back, but he's not going to practice today, and the medical staff is on it:  what's the media supposed to do?  I don't see much fault.  

My feeling is that he'll be back.  I've thought that MLF's answer this week was a "won't practice TODAY" kind of answer, which would still be true if he won't practice till next August, obviously.  But he also commented on Z with his experience not necessarily needing a ton of practice to be able to play.  I don't see why he'd have mentioned that, if medical reports suggest he's obviously not going to play football till next season; or if Gute and Ball have precluded a return for contractual/cap-risk reasons.  

Occam's Razor suggests that MLF was talking about Z being able to possibly play, without tons of practice, because MLF thinks there's a chance Z will play this season.  Chance is not certainty, obviously, but I think that chance is pretty substantial, and it's as likely as not that he'll have participated in some practice before the next game.  

7 minutes ago, craig said:

I have no fault with the media on Z.  I listen to not all but most of MLF's press conferences.  I think he's been asked about Z pretty much every week.  If MLF says we hope he'll get back, but he's not going to practice today, and the medical staff is on it:  what's the media supposed to do?  I don't see much fault.  

My feeling is that he'll be back.  I've thought that MLF's answer this week was a "won't practice TODAY" kind of answer, which would still be true if he won't practice till next August, obviously.  But he also commented on Z with his experience not necessarily needing a ton of practice to be able to play.  I don't see why he'd have mentioned that, if medical reports suggest he's obviously not going to play football till next season; or if Gute and Ball have precluded a return for contractual/cap-risk reasons.  

Occam's Razor suggests that MLF was talking about Z being able to possibly play, without tons of practice, because MLF thinks there's a chance Z will play this season.  Chance is not certainty, obviously, but I think that chance is pretty substantial, and it's as likely as not that he'll have participated in some practice before the next game.  

Adam Schefter needs to get in on the action. He'd certainly hunt the story down to ground..............

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

I haven’t followed all of the pressers, but there obviously have been some questions about Z.  What deeper questions should be asked while he’s still on IR?  Coach doesn’t have to give any information and really shouldn’t reveal anything about a player’s medical situation that isn’t required. If we see Z activated and practicing, there will be plenty of questions to answer. 

There hasn’t been that I’ve seen on Z now for weeks while the other players have been asked about. Perhaps I missed something but doubt it wouldn’t have been pointed out around here

🤔 Hmm, could be a late Snacks-type guy to consider on the waiver wire. Hasn't done much this season but a 10.5 total sack guy over his last 2 years before that. Depending on Z's return, wouldn't mind a look over our current EDGE depth.

He has to clear waivers to be eligible for the postseason, FYI.

🤔 Hmm, could be a late Snacks-type guy to consider on the waiver wire. Hasn't done much this season but a 10.5 total sack guy over his last 2 years before that. Depending on Z's return, wouldn't mind a look over our current EDGE depth.

You mean sign him and not play him? If all they get is snacks level production…they can just sit it out.