Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

What Greg Jennings says might be true, but he will always sound like a scorned wife to me.

Maybe, but some people react WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too personally to anything he says. Like I could call the dude's mom a fat whore and he wouldn't get as mad as when Jennings says Rodger's is dooshy. It's hilarious.

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Is it me or does Rodgers get more media said BS about him than any other player. I guess he polarises to some degree, he is talented as a player and nonconventional, but the way the media try to portray him is OTT.

The last couple years, he gets ton. Before that I think he got a pass on a lot of stuff he shouldn't. He waded into some waters that obvs made some people mad. He's clapped back at the media a ton for all sorts of **** lately too. 

I guess I'm not sure it's been "unfair" overall. It just seemed like it all started to get heaved at once, and there's sort of reasons for it. There's also not **** other to talk about with the NFL rn for the most part. He doesn't help himself with that instagram post nonsense and then going on Pat like it was going to be a big deal to tell everyone "hahahaha I'm not saying anything today but some weird hippie ****."

I guess, TLDR, I don't think it's that unfair or unexpectedand he's just a big subject matter ATM for the NFL media.

34 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Is it me or does Rodgers get more media said BS about him than any other player. I guess he polarises to some degree, he is talented as a player and nonconventional, but the way the media try to portray him is OTT.

He's his own worst enemy. As a fairly distinguished public figure - he's news worthy as is - read: football circles. But he puts himself out there in a lot of arenas "outside" of football - unnecessarily in my view.

Last off season was on him entirely.

Take this 50M stuff. It got out there - went viral - and within 48hrs AR quashed it publicly. It's done. A dead end. He did NONE of that last off season. Rather he let things fester and roil - making it the top/lead story week in week out - or close to it.

All he needed to do was quash the rumors like this 50M thing. They would have been done as well.

I suspect however he enjoyed the "celebrity" of it all a bit too much for his own liking - cause after letting the rumors run for an extended period - he quashed them all at the beginning of training camp - bashing the media and turning them against him. Then along comes this vaxxed/unvaxxed thing.....and they let him have it.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Maybe, but some people react WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too personally to anything he says. Like I could call the dude's mom a fat whore and he wouldn't get as mad as when Jennings says Rodger's is dooshy. It's hilarious.

Jennings is a hypocrite.  Guy is calling out Rodgers for wanting to get paid (story is not even true) when he in fact got greedy and turned down a very lucrative offer from the Packers.  Jag bag never got what he wanted and ended up signing for less from the Vikings.  Got no use for him after that.  Yah I don't forget.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

(story is not even true)

It's probably not, but there's no way you can make this statement and act like it's definitive. You're exactly what I'm talking about when people get their feelers all hurt over him. 

I've never even blinked at the crap he says. Or Fin, it's not a big damn deal or anything worth being obsessed over.

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Jennings is a hypocrite.  Guy is calling out Rodgers for wanting to get paid (story is not even true) when he in fact got greedy and turned down a very lucrative offer from the Packers.  Jag bag never got what he wanted and ended up signing for less from the Vikings.  Got no use for him after that.  Yah I don't forget.  

I highly doubt he got a very lucrative contract offer from TT when the man didn't give out lucrative 3rd contract offers.

Jennings did what any of us would've done, signed a better deal for himself. Rodgers just said something douchey to him on the way out, and he's had a grudge about it ever since.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I highly doubt he got a very lucrative contract offer from TT when the man didn't give out lucrative 3rd contract offers.

Jennings did what any of us would've done, signed a better deal for himself. Rodgers just said something douchey to him on the way out, and he's had a grudge about it ever since.

THE STORY ISN'T TRUE RAY!!!

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

THE STORY ISN'T TRUE RAY!!!

Before he retired my uncle owned a high end grocery store in SE Wisconsin. He ended up meeting some lady who was high up in a PR firm, Jennings, Matthews, couple others were clients of hers (she actually ended up in jail recently because she was in charge of the players family's ticket distribution and she was selling the unused tickets and pocketing the money lol). Anyway, to make a short story long, due to their friendship my uncle got to cater Greg Jennings charity golf outing every year and I got a VIP ticket. Greg Jennings was actually a super nice, down to earth guy, so it sucks to see him held in this regard in Packerland but he did it to himself.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Before he retired my uncle owned a high end grocery store in SE Wisconsin. He ended up meeting some lady who was high up in a PR firm, Jennings, Matthews, couple others were clients of hers (she actually ended up in jail recently because she was in charge of the players family's ticket distribution and she was selling the unused tickets and pocketing the money lol). Anyway, to make a short story long, due to their friendship my uncle got to cater Greg Jennings charity golf outing every year and I got a VIP ticket. Greg Jennings was actually a super nice, down to earth guy, so it sucks to see him held in this regard in Packerland but he did it to himself.

No no no he's evil!!! 

Somewhat serious here, some of them act like it's the only topic he discusses is how much he hates Aaron or whatever. And he obviously gets asked about it a ton now.

It is what it is. Maybe it's all exaggerated trash, maybe people just don't want to believe bad things about their savior.