Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

37 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

So to all the party peeps on this board that are pretty good with the cap is this actually a team friendly deal or did you expect more? I'm not trying to troll or flare up the flames of hell, I'm just curious if these numbers will not only help this year, but with the expected cap increase in 23 and 24 will it not completely kill us? 

These are the actual cap hits?

So he’ll be at about 14% of the cap this year.

Next year might be a possibility. What’s the NFL Salary cap for 2023?

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am not a cap guy by any means. That being said I thought I saw awhile ago they predict the 2023 to be around 225,000,000. 2024 is also supposed to take a nice jump from what i've heard. Once again, not an expert.

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

13.4%

Remind me of the rules again .. is it 12% we need to be under to be able to win the super bowl.

Russ Ball needs to work some magic and move some money around. By my sums if we can knock about 4m off Rodgers cap hit this year then it will get us to 12% so we can win the super-bowl because we could use that 4m to sign another Lazard or something which is obviously the difference.

Maybe Rodgers could do a deal with Cobb. If Rodgers took a 5m pay cut and we gave it to Cobb his buddy instead. That would work, we would have no more money but it gets us under the magic 12% mark which is all that matters.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

So, what's your cut off again? 13%?

12%.

But heck with it, we’ve got a lot less dead cap than what the Rams just had, so if we’re aggressive like the Rams were we can still win the Super Bowl.

We won’t win the Super Bowl.

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

12%.

But heck with it, we’ve got a lot less dead cap than what the Rams just had, so if we’re aggressive like the Rams were we can still win the Super Bowl.

We won’t win the Super Bowl.

Nope .. we will choke in the playoffs in spectacular fashion.  It's what we do .. it's who we are.

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Rams just did it with 25% devoted to QB?

Wrong. They had dead cap. It’s no different than paying any position.

Granted, if the Rams can have that much dead cap, the Packers can pay Rodgers that much, yes.

But what’s the difference between the Packers and the Rams?

The Rams traded away their entire future to get that Super Bowl win. The Packers will not do that. The situations are entirely different.

People have GOT to stop making the comparison.

The Rams have a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick this year.

They have a 2nd, 3rd and 5th round pick next year.

THAT is how they won.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Wrong. They had dead cap. It’s no different than paying any position.

Granted, if the Rams can have that much dead cap, the Packers can pay Rodgers that much, yes.

But what’s the difference between the Packers and the Rams?

The Rams traded away their entire future to get that Super Bowl win. The Packers will not do that. The situations are entirely different.

People have GOT to stop making the comparison.

The Rams have a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick this year.

They have a 2nd, 3rd and 5th round pick next year.

THAT is how they won.

They won because the playoffs broke their way too. Hard to see them beating GB in GB. Giving up all those picks didn’t make them some unstoppable juggernaut.

Regardless how you build your team… it’s a crap shoot in the playoffs. No one wants to hear this but that’s why GB has had a tough time with Rodgers. Or any QB not named Tom Brady really (even though Tom went a decade between super bowl titles).

GB could of won the super bowl in 2015, 2020 and 2021. Ball bounced poorly and the league is becoming more and more a match up league… and if you get a poor match up you’re toast. As a hockey fan I know this all too well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

They won because the playoffs broke their way too. Hard to see them beating GB in GB. Giving up all those picks didn’t make them some unstoppable juggernaut.

Regardless how you build your team… it’s a crap shoot in the playoffs. No one wants to hear this but that’s why GB has had a tough time with Rodgers. Or any QB not named Tom Brady really (even though Tom went a decade between super bowl titles).

GB could of won the super bowl in 2015, 2020 and 2021. Ball bounced poorly and the league is becoming more and more a match up league… and if you get a poor match up you’re toast. As a hockey fan I know this all too well.

Our poor matchups are teams that get to the playoffs.

Any team with a strong EDGE rush is going to give Rodgers fits, and the blueprint is pretty available on how to beat Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Our poor matchups are teams that get to the playoffs.

Any team with a strong EDGE rush is going to give Rodgers fits, and the blueprint is pretty available on how to beat Rodgers.

So did you come back just to be negative all the time? It's like you're more pissed off than when you were active during a season. We have had playoff wins too. The games we lost we played bad in. Even with that said we could have and really should of won against Tampa in 2020. Just because you feel a way doesn't make it an absolute. Consider that when writing your posts.

• Like 1