Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Andy Herman -   There seems to be 2 camps on the Rodgers deal:

1. F the future, just win baby.

2. Way too much $, the Packers were dumb to do this deal.

The truth is that if the Packers win a Super Bowl with Rodgers in the next few seasons it’ll look genius.
If they don’t, it’ll look awful.

• Like 1

Jennifer Kirton -  The Packers have completely broken their normal operating rules to keep having another crack at it with Rodgers. Why stop now? Why not break some more rules and draft a WR in the 1st? If the plan is all in, just go all the way in.

:)👍

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

The truth is that if the Packers win a Super Bowl with Rodgers in the next few seasons it’ll look genius.

Andy Herman, AKA Captain Obvious. 

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -   In very a general philosophy - Keep going back to the Draft well for certain positions - RB, WR, EDGE

I think those are the most translatable from Saturday to Sunday and easiest way to get cheaper, younger, andddd more productive.

I’d spend on veteran OL, LB, DB…

For the Packers, a drafted WR seems unlikely to contribute much in the 3 year Rodgers Window.  That's a dumb take, IMO.

7 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

For the Packers, a drafted WR seems unlikely to contribute much in the 3 year Rodgers Window.  That's a dumb take, IMO.

I fundamentally disagree with this. There's WR talent coming out and making considerable contribution from the start. I simply dont accept that AR wont throw to them. To me - thats an HC matter. AR cant "retard" the progess and production of the offense because he's "picky" who he'll throw to. Thats simply unacceptable to me.

Edited by Leader

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

I fundamentally disagree with this. There's WR talent coming out and making considerable contribution from the start. I simply dont accept that AR wont throw to them. To me - thats an HC matter. AR cant "retard" the progess and production of the offense because he's "picky" who he'll throw to. Thats simply unacceptable to me.

In that you don’t believe Rodgers is doing this? Or that even if Rodgers is… LaFluer should put him in his place?

Because if it’s the latter… it feels like nobody in the organization is going to call out Rodgers anytime soon on this matter.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

1 hour ago, R T said:

Andy Herman, AKA Captain Obvious. 

I can't wait for the year 2025 where the real Captain shows up to save the day! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

It's not going to look awful that the FO gave 3 very reasonable cap hit years to a guy coming off 2 MVP seasons even if we don't win a SB.

Yes it would suck and Rodgers legacy would be even more trashy, but it won't reflect poorly on the FO.

This was always a case where the FO set themselves up WELL to make a decision. That's a good thing. That's how businesses succeed: give yourself flexibility to examine your situation and make a good decision. That's WAAYYYY better than having only one option that resulted from a decision made a long time ago that didn't allow for future flexibility.

The real truth is that EITHER option could have been the better one right now. Rodgers COULD have regressed. Love COULD have excelled.

What happened is that Rodgers excelled and we don't have any clue about Love - but our FO sure does. 

And they've made a clear decision. 

The only way it will look bad is if Rodgers sucks (after we move on from Love) and Love excels elsewhere. But our FO is betting that will not happen. Not to save themselves, but simply because they collectively think it's the best football decision. I trust our FO guys that way, at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Different bodies, not necessarily lesser. There's a pretty darn good chance the Packers roster 2022 week 1 will be better than 2021 week 1.

Extensions for Adams and Jaire better be less than 48 hrs away then. 

We've upgraded no where, and we're worse at TE, WR, OT, EDGE and CB. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The only way it will look bad is if Rodgers sucks (after we move on from Love) and Love excels elsewhere. But our FO is betting that will not happen. Not to save themselves, but simply because they collectively think it's the best football decision. I trust our FO guys that way, at least.

Or we sit here with Adams on the tag, Jaire on a 5th year extension and barely league average WR on a 9.5 mil hit. 

That's option 3 on how the FO looks bad, cause you can't go all in with those 3 combining for 42m in cap hits, and if you're not all in, the picks and rebuild look so much better than kicking the can down the road.