Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, R T said:

With MVS not getting a deal in KC and them now being reported to be looking to trade for Laviska Shenault, I wonder if we don't see him back with the Packers in the next day or two. I think it is the best thing for both sides. 

I don’t know if it’s confirmed that  he won’t sign there, but I do think he’d have thegreatest impact in GB. I’m not as down on him as most.  I remember a few games where he really came through for us and not just on the long ball. He may not be elite but he should consider what more opportunities in an offense he’s already immersed in could do for his career. GB has to decide what he’s worth and then probably add 10% because the market is crazy. I’ll be happy if he returns. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler - 

"Many are under the impression that Adams asked to be traded when the Packers put the franchise tag on him, but it happened much earlier than that."

Tom Silverstein

He was probably done after a deal didn't get done last year. Oh well, he still kept quiet and played hard last season. I respect him wanting to move on.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Assuming my math is correct:

2022: $1.5M base salary, $1.77M signing bonus = $3.3M cap hit
2023: $5.2M base salary, $1.77M signing bonus = $7M cap hit
2024: $9M base salary, $1.77M signing bonus = $10.77M cap hit

Pretty much what was expected.  Impossible to predict the bonuses that the Packers would put in, but they like adding workout bonuses for veterans.  Makes it super easy to move on from him if he reverts back to his earlier self.  Unless he plays at the same level he did this past season, probably ends up being a 2 year, $12M deal when it's all said and done.

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much what was expected.  Impossible to predict the bonuses that the Packers would put in, but they like adding workout bonuses for veterans.  Makes it super easy to move on from him if he reverts back to his earlier self.  Unless he plays at the same level he did this past season, probably ends up being a 2 year, $12M deal when it's all said and done.

Lol, the Packers and their "workout bonuses." Hearing Brandt talk about how they always had to include those in order to get guys back to Green Bay was pretty funny. 

23 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Good read as always @MrBobGray.  Stokes was better as a rookie then I anticipated.  I thought he was going to be had by veteran QBs and WRs.

Thing with Stokes for me was that he was so reactive in a bad way in college.  Got had on a lot of crossover, double move type stuff, and in retrospect I think it was as much poor eye placement as anything.  Think he was spending too many reps just guessing at the play and staring his man's numbers down, because that's how he played in high school and you can get away with that there.  Hell you can get away with it in college too if you run like he does at that size, even in the SEC.  Still, needed to learn how to watch film better and trust what he saw there, and Green Bay certainly was a great place to do it.  DB room has a lot of prime years vets who work pretty tirelessly at the craft, and Stokes was always lauded as a no ego guy willing to put the work in, and you see the result.  Just much more patient than he had been, not biting at the first thing the receiver put down but making them work for it off the line, and letting all that physical talent carry him once they were out of the stem and into the route.

Edited by MrBobGray
  • Like 5

Matt Schneidman - Packers GM Brian Gutekunst and his right-hand men Jon-Eric Sullivan and John Wojciechowski attended Penn State Pro Day. Audrey said Gutey was keeping a close eye on WR Jahan Dotson, a possible first-round pick.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman - Packers GM Brian Gutekunst and his right-hand men Jon-Eric Sullivan and John Wojciechowski attended Penn State Pro Day. Audrey said Gutey was keeping a close eye on WR Jahan Dotson, a possible first-round pick.

Nickelodeon Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I mean there is also Brandon Smith, Rasheed Walker, Tariq Castro-fields, Jordan Stout (the kicker), and Jesse Luketa…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I really like him .. not sure the Packers would take him in round one, but they would be all over him in round two if they had the chance.

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I mean there is also Brandon Smith, Rasheed Walker, Tariq Castro-fields, Jordan Stout (the kicker), and Jesse Luketa…

You must of miss the memo, in reading this forum for the past week I'm fairly sure the NFL has eliminated all positions for the game of football except for WR.   

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I really like him .. not sure the Packers would take him in round one, but they would be all over him in round two if they had the chance.

I agree.  The more I think about it the more it seems logical to take the top defensive player at 22, regardless of position, and trade back from 28 into round 2 for a WR.

One logical spot would be Atlanta...if they like one of the QBs they could give us their third rounder so they can get a 5th year option on the one they like.