Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

DeVante Parker had 73 targets last year.  Albert Wilson and Preston Williams had a combined 55 targets last year. Miami isn't burying $8.7M onto the bench to play those two.  He's either going to be released or traded.

Right so we agree. Again, the reason why I don't even think Parker is WR3 is because they just signed Cedric Wilson for $7m/year to be their slot guy. He's the WR3 in most formations. I can't imagine Parker being okay with that role. 

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I don't even think Parker is WR3 in that offense. I don't care what Miami's GM is saying to the media right now about keeping Parker, I'd virtually guarantee that he's released if not traded. They have Hill and Waddle as their 1-2 duo with Wilson as the natural slot WR. They also have Preston Williams who is a natural WR4 because he's cheap and young. Parker isn't even going to play absent injuries. I'd imagine he wants out just as badly. So it's not a matter of if he goes, just when and to which team. 

Hill and Waddle can operate out of the slot.  Parker may allow more flexibility as an outside WR vs Wilson being more slot only.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Right so we agree. Again, the reason why I don't even think Parker is WR3 is because they just signed Cedric Wilson for $7m/year to be their slot guy. He's the WR3 in most formations. I can't imagine Parker being okay with that role. 

I think Miami likely moves Parker, but they may not feel a rush to do so.

It is a risk, but if a team doesn't get WR help in the draft, Parker might be more valuable trade asset.  Also training camp injuries/ in season injuries could bump his trade value

Parker has as much chance at being on that roster as Jimmy G in San Fran. He's going to be traded, even if it's Robert Woods level compensation. They signed Cedrick Wilson to play, they traded for Hill to play, they drafted Waddle to play, they franchised Gesicki to play, they just signed Mostert and Edmunds to play. What skill guy are they taking off the field to get snaps to Parker?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think Miami likely moves Parker, but they may not feel a rush to do so.

It is a risk, but if a team doesn't get WR help in the draft, Parker might be more valuable trade asset.  Also training camp injuries/ in season injuries could bump his trade value

I mean I would agree that Miami doesn't have to rush to trade him. I also think most teams know that his departure is inevitable so I don't expect too much of a bidding war there. Still think he ultimately gets moved for a mid-Day 3 pick. 

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

I don't know why we're discussing Parker. He isn't good enough. Whether he is cut or traded he's not going to help solve some of our WR issues.

I disagree. Parker is far from a sure thing, but frankly I think that's more about his durability versus his overall production. Guy has rotted away in Miami and his best QB has been Fitzpatrick. You add him plus a talented rookie and that duo with Lazard and Co. can get it done, especially because 12 won't be going into it with a predisposed fixation to throw to one guy. I'd rather go that route versus trade a 1st round pick for Metcalf or take on a guy like Lockett and his $23m cap hit next year, etc. As far as trade options go, I think Parker is the best one. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean I would agree that Miami doesn't have to rush to trade him. I also think most teams know that his departure is inevitable so I don't expect too much of a bidding war there. Still think he ultimately gets moved for a mid-Day 3 pick. 

Agreed that probably his value.  Teams may also be waiting for an outright release 

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

I don't know why we're discussing Parker. He isn't good enough. Whether he is cut or traded he's not going to help solve some of our WR issues.

Um Parker is pretty good? Fits perfect with what we're building with the good but not great WR group that adds balance and drives our offense to flow through a system more than a star. The guy has never gone sub 70 in PFF grade since entering the league. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Agreed that probably his value.  Teams may also be waiting for an outright release 

Which is why, assuming the Packers are interested, I think you'd have to pounce and give a Day 3 pick because his contract isn't bad so it's not one of those situations where we'd have to wait for a release and then sign him to a new deal. We could handle his current deal and avoid having to fight other teams who may want him. I could Green Bay not being first on Parker's list if he got cut after spending the last 7 years living/playing in Miami, FL. 

Edited by packfanfb

16 minutes ago, Chili said:

I wouldn't invest a ton in the guy, but he would give them a true outside wide receiver who has at least produced a bit at the NFL level.  The draft is where we will get our future impact receivers .. more than likely.

1 minute ago, R T said:

2022 Parker = 2021 Cobb. Each will have a moment or two because they are wily veterans, but neither is making a whole lot of difference when it comes to carrying the WR load. 

This is a terrible comparison imo. Parker can play and I think can be a solid WR2