Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Yep,  just hoping for the best.   I dont think he's a bad player,  we can and have won with him back there.

There's a lesson to be learned here.

Don't spend mid 1st round picks picks on incomplete safety prospects.

Twice now GB has spent premium picks on guys with holes in their physical profiles. First it was Clinton-Dix, who pretty clearly lacked the agility to realistically excel in coverage, then Savage, who lacked the striking power to truly factor in the box and never showed the mirror to be a sure thing in man coverage. 

Mid-1st round picks at the non-premium safety position should be reserved for players who can do it all. Derwin James. If that guy isn't available, there'll always be better value at another position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les Punting said:

Twice now GB has spent premium picks on guys with holes in their physical profiles. First it was Clinton-Dix, who pretty clearly lacked the agility to realistically excel in coverage, then Savage, who lacked the striking power to truly factor in the box and never showed the mirror to be a sure thing in man coverage. 

Mid-1st round picks at the non-premium safety position should be reserved for players who can do it all. Derwin James. If that guy isn't available, there'll always be better value at another position.

I think Dax Hill can be that kind of player.

Just weird to think about - he was taken with the 21st pick. While I've never thought of it as a terrible pick, in context, if the guy we get at 22 this year ends up being similarly impactful, I'd be really disappointed. I think being our second pick that year has made some of us (at least me) think of it as a better pick than it was.

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

He's very inconsistent.  He's flashed, but he has not put it all together yet.  Tools are all there.  Now he needs to get it done.  

Guess I feel like he's gonna be a tease for most of his career.  Maybe blow up in a contract year, then regress.

But, tis the time to be optimistic.  

I won't disagree as he hasn't put it all together yet. I just thought he seemed to be playing really well till that hit. He has the tools that is for sure ball skills maybe a bit off! Lets hope he had a great year. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Savage was the best safety prospect in that class and absolutely had good coverage tape at Maryland.

Too early to give up on him yet. I remember everyone wanting to get rid of Nick Collins after year 3.

• Like 4

I know some of you hate Reddit but I don't care, someone supposedly got insider info.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPackers/comments/u2w6k1/packers_are_signing_sammy_watkins_if_he_passes/

A very close friend of mine who is involved with occasional Packers medical work let me know that Sammy Watkins will be a Packer if he passes his scheduled physical.

I am super underwhelmed. He can't run anymore. With elite Mahomes throwing him the ball Watkins could barely generate any YAC. He barely beats the first tackler and goes to the ground far too easily. His 4.4 speed is no longer there. if he cannot do it with Mahomes what makes us think he's going to do any better with Rodgers throwing to him? Please.

2020-2021 Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1T4-ciIFCA

Edited by Chili

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

I know some of you hate Reddit but I don't care, someone supposedly got insider info.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPackers/comments/u2w6k1/packers_are_signing_sammy_watkins_if_he_passes/

I am super underwhelmed. He can't run anymore. With elite Mahomes throwing him the ball Watkins could barely generate any YAC. He barely beats the first tackler and goes to the ground far too easily. He's not going to do any better with Rodgers throwing to him.

How can anyone hate Reddit?! 

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

I am super underwhelmed. He can't run anymore. With elite Mahomes throwing him the ball Watkins could barely generate any YAC. He barely beats the first tackler and goes to the ground far too easily. His 4.4 speed is no longer there. if he cannot do it with Mahomes what makes us think he's going to do any better with Rodgers throwing to him? Please.

Julio can't run anymore, Jarvis never could, Fuller might pull a hammy on the flight over, OBJ won't even play until Christmas. Welcome to the vet FA pool. 

I could've told you this after we traded Davante, you could have already written the headline. "Packers Sign Flawed Veteran Receiver and Hope it Works Out."

DK, McLaurin, Deebo, none of these guys will actually be traded. Big difference between giving your stud WR his 2nd contract versus the 3rd which is what KC and GB were facing.

Our WR room is going to be Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers, 2 draft picks, 1 flawed vet, Winfree, UDFAs.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chili said:

He won't cost **** and it's just insurance. They aren't stupid and know they can't count on him.  (If any of this is true)

Aren't you the guy that gets obsessed and does 3 hours of research when we even sign some street free agent nobody's ever heard of during the year? Then talk like he's going to contribute? This is like that, but he might actually do something to hear his name again. 

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Their Admins are communists

Some subreddits have ridiculous rules. 

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Julio can't run anymore, Jarvis never could, Fuller might pull a hammy on the flight over, OBJ won't even play until Christmas. Welcome to the vet FA pool. 

I could've told you this after we traded Davante, you could have already written the headline. "Packers Sign Flawed Veteran Receiver and Hope it Works Out."

DK, McLaurin, Deebo, none of these guys will actually be traded. Big difference between giving your stud WR his 2nd contract versus the 3rd which is what KC and GB were facing.

Our WR room is going to be Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers, 2 draft picks, 1 flawed vet, Winfree, UDFAs.

im trusting that Gute has/had a plan in place that’s better than a broken down FA WR. I think they’re still going to make a deal with someone.

I would’ve been a jerk and played hardball with Adams.