Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Really?  Raw limited route tree what's different about him?

I see a much more agile athlete in Watkins than MVS, which shows up as cleaner cuts on routes. I think his hands are better too. 

Edited by HokieHigh

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I see a much more agile athlete in Watkins than MVS, which shows up as cleaner cuts on routes. I think his hands are better too. 

MVS had ZERO drops this year, in the NFL. This kid had, I believe I heard, 8% drop rate in Division II college with few guys who could get close to him athletically. Thus, not many contested catches. 

Point being the idea he has better hands is a myth. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

MVS had ZERO drops this year, in the NFL. This kid had, I believe I heard, 8% drop rate in Division II college with few guys who could get close to him athletically. Thus, not many contested catches. 

Point being the idea he has better hands is a myth. 

Alligator arms doesn't register as a 'drop' but MVS doesn't extend his hands to grab the ball with consistency. 

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Alligator arms doesn't register as a 'drop' but MVS doesn't extend his hands to grab the ball with consistency. 

Arms don't count as hands either. I honestly do not remember MVS getting alligator arms either. I refuse to hate on MVS because he's gone. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Arms don't count as hands either. I honestly do not remember MVS getting alligator arms either. I refuse to hate on MVS because he's gone. 

I can't link to youtube but watch the "MVS the frustating, amazing deep ball threat" video mins 3-4. catchable balls he just doesn't get it done.

i liked MVS on his rookie contract here, i think it was smart for him to go to KC. i wish him success with mahomes and think he will do decent. 

he was not someone i wanted rodgers depending on. 

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

or you can watch the 2020 drops video. there were a lot.

he missed a lot of time with injury last year too, which is a good way to not drop any balls.

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Really?  Raw limited route tree what's different about him?

One… if he was MVS as a prospect he would be talked about as a day 3 guy. Currently Watson is being seen as a day 1 guy depending how the WRs fall. I think the Baylor WR kid is a better MVS comparison.

MVS is and has only ever been a deep threat guy both college and pro. watson was doing Deebo-esque stuff in college, on a run heavy scheme. That’s not to say watson projects as Deebo, but to say he has done more and will do more for an offense in the league.

As Brit mention, Watson is a better contested catcher (although I think Pierce is the best in the draft at this).

Watson is just a different dude than MVS. From play style, to usage, to what he projects to be. As Deion would say “watson has more dog in him”.

if you want more on Watson, Ross Uglem is a big NDSU guy and tweets about Watson a ton. He also is a packer fan and does stuff for Cheesehead tv. 

Edited by Green19

zachary jacobson -   Everyone (not literally, shut up) wanted Stephon Gilmore at last year’s trade deadline. The Packers found Rasul Douglas instead, who essentially saved their season and signed a three-year extension for $22M compared to Gilmore and his two-year deal for $23M. Russ Ball IMO

I forgot, but GB grabbed one other player for Bisaccia already:

They signed cornerback Keisean Nixon, who played 692 special teams snaps for Bisaccia with the Raiders over the last three seasons.

“Keisean is just a really good special teams player,” Bisaccia said. “He’s got a great mentality. He’s fast. He’s physical.
He don’t take any **** from anybody, and he can really run.”

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

He runs much better routes than MVS did coming out. That’s for sure. He was one of the better route runners at the Senior Bowl. Certainly better than Jalen Tolbert. He’s more dynamic with the ball in his hands than MVS. He’s more explosive (1.45 split, 38.5 vert, 136 broad vs 1.55 split, 30.5 vert, 125 broad). Neither are contested catch guys, but Watson is much better at tracking deep balls. MVS comparison is lazy and tells me people haven’t really watched much of Watson—especially the Senior Bowl practices.