Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Easy pass on both. Deebo because of the acquisition price with draft picks and contract, Toney because he appears to be an idiot. It would surprise me if this kid retired prematurely because he's such an idiot. 

toney is clearly exceptional in his shiftyness and elusiveness compared to most nfl athletes.  he could be so dangerous with a QB like rodgers, and rodgers has never had a guy like that. 

Edited by HokieHigh

Is there anything stopping Amari Rodgers playing the Deebo role for us? He has the size of a RB and has the receiving chops to be our slot guy. I thought we got rid of Tyler Ervin so we could bring someone else in and I thought Amari was that guy.

9 minutes ago, Chili said:

Is there anything stopping Amari Rodgers playing the Deebo role for us? He has the size of a RB and has the receiving chops to be our slot guy. I thought we got rid of Tyler Ervin so we could bring someone else in and I thought Amari was that guy.

Explosiveness. I’m still holding out hope he can thrive in this system but either from thinking too much, or physical limitations, I was really disappointed that a guy of his stature didn’t show the burst and quickness he’ll need at this level. 

14 minutes ago, Chili said:

3 cone - 33%

40 - 44%

10 yard split - 4%

Vertical - 21%

Arm length - 12%

Even if locked in a bathroom with Gilbert Brown, I'm pretty sure he would lose a game of tag

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

3 cone - 33%

40 - 44%

10 yard split - 4%

Vertical - 21%

Arm length - 12%

Even if locked in a bathroom with Gilbert Brown, I'm pretty sure he would lose a game of tag

3-cone - Rodgers 7.07, Cobb 7.08

40 - Rodgers 4.52, Cobb 4.55

10-yard split - Rodgers 1.65, Cobb 1.60

Vertical - Rodgers 33, Cobb 33.5

Arm length - Rodgers 30 3/8, Cobb 31

If Cobb can have a successful career Rodgers can also. Rodger is the typical rookie WR who's head was swimming from a team trying to do too many things with him to early. The same people throwing the baby out with the bath water here are same ones annually wanting to cut players like Adams or declaring that Kenny Clark and Raushan Gary were bad draft picks. Give the man a chance before killing him.  

• Like 1

MLF -  like many HCs-  has brought in a few guys he trusted from previous coaching stints:

Sammy Watkins in LA
De'Vondre Campbell in ATL
Dennis Kelly- Tenn
Jaylon Smith - Notre Dame

I am guessing there's one more "worked- with- MLF"  vet lined up to come to GB before the draft.
But MLF worked for 3 colleges + Wash, Atl, Tenn & LA so its hard to narrow it down.

Quintorris could be a possibility-  he probably needs a 1 year prove- it deal with a top QB to burnish his image after the injuries.  Not sure what he has left, but GB certainly has the med team to find out

GB/Rodgers and IND/Matt Ryan are two possibilities

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

MLF -  like many HCs-  has brought in a few guys he trusted from previous coaching stints:

Sammy Watkins in LA
De'Vondre Campbell in ATL
Dennis Kelly- Tenn
Jaylon Smith - Notre Dame

I am guessing there's one more "worked- with- MLF"  vet lined up to come to GB before the draft.
But MLF worked for 3 colleges + Wash, Atl, Tenn & LA so its hard to narrow it down.

Quintorris could be a possibility-  he probably needs a 1 year prove- it deal with a top QB to burnish his image after the injuries.  Not sure what he has left, but GB certainly has the med team to find out

GB/Rodgers and IND/Matt Ryan are two possibilities

Thought that same thing for a while now. Starts with this WR class, there is a very small number of WR's the Packers probably love in this class and if one of them doesn't fall right I could see him as being the strong plan B all along. 

17 minutes ago, R T said:

3-cone - Rodgers 7.07, Cobb 7.08

40 - Rodgers 4.52, Cobb 4.55

10-yard split - Rodgers 1.65, Cobb 1.60

Vertical - Rodgers 33, Cobb 33.5

Arm length - Rodgers 30 3/8, Cobb 31

If Cobb can have a successful career Rodgers can also. Rodger is the typical rookie WR who's head was swimming from a team trying to do too many things with him to early. The same people throwing the baby out with the bath water here are same ones annually wanting to cut players like Adams or declaring that Kenny Clark and Raushan Gary were bad draft picks. Give the man a chance before killing him.  

He was asked to catch punts and catch passes. Not sure how overloaded he could have been. Many before him functioned just fine. In the small sample size he looked like 30 year old Cobb with the ball in his hands. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe he bulked up for his rookie season and that was a bad idea. Who knows. I simply wouldn't hold my breath at this point.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Other than a lack of talent? I can't think of anything. 

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Funny how some people don't learn from the past. Not saying Rodgers will become a talent like Adams, but him not being a world beater in year one is about the furthest thing from shocking, especially in Green Bay...

You could see Adams athleticism from day one. You can see Amari Rodgers lack of athleticism from day one also.