Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Bak will be there and that's the most important one.

Oh, OK.  So Cobb, Lewis, Tonyan, possibly Lazard and Crosby never really were all that important.  Well alrighty then, come on back Lord Rodgers.  We were dumb enough to give you that bloated ridiculous contract you'll never earn a half of.

But understand, you will be competing with Love throughout the season.  If you don't fully buy into and follow Frenchy's system you will be benched.  The moves we will be making will not be for you, they will be for the team.  For now, and more so for later.  You are a football player, an overpaid one.  You'll have to earn it from here.  Your "friends" that are no longer on the team can always call.  Or, maybe you can join some of them in NY, or Tennessee, or Vegas, etc etc

Edited by 15412

Hypothetical statement by Aaron Rodgers...

"Getting away for a few weeks has reminded me that there's no place I want to be other than Green Bay, Wisconsin playing for the Packers franchise in front of the best fans in the world. I believe in this team and I believe that I can still play this game at the highest level. Let's go get another title for Titletown!"

You people actually believe the Packers response to this would be, "Sorry Aaron we're moving on with Jordan."?

That would be an exact repeat of 2008 if you actually DO believe it. And there's simply no effing way it will unfold that way. Yet we're just one simple Aaron Rodgers statement like the one above from the Packers being put in that position. If he does make that statement, he WILL continue to be the Packers QB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

"Getting away for a few weeks has reminded me that there's no place I want to be other than Green Bay, Wisconsin playing for the Packers franchise in front of the best fans in the world. I believe in this team and I believe that I can still play this game at the highest level. Let's go get another title for Titletown!"

You people actually believe the Packers response to this would be, "Sorry Aaron we're moving on with Jordan."?

That would be an exact repeat of 2008 if you actually DO believe it. And there's simply no effing way it will unfold that way. Yet we're just one simple Aaron Rodgers statement like the one above from the Packers being put in that position. If he does make that statement, he WILL continue to be the Packers QB.

You're stuck in La La land.   Wow, pretty words Ol Rodg, bottom line you have stunk late in the season when it counts for a very long time now.  Cobby is gone.  Lewis is gone.  Bobby T is gone.  And more.  You will be competing with Love throughout the year and we are stapling on a new pair of balls for old Frenchy.  You'll have to play within his system to a T because if you won't we have someone who will.  If we have to carry both of you we will, and that will mean few moves that would be helpful to you this year.  But we'll do what we have to do.  

Now, what was that you were saying?

12 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yeah, which GM would make the same mistake as to move on from a legendary QB only to win a Super Bowl three years later with his replacement?

Absurd to even think any franchise would do this, much less one that literally did it.

Insane when you think about it.

Lol, hate the message all you want, but it's reality. Don't make me root for Rodgers to declare he wants to stay just so it can be proven to all of you.

One huge positive is that it would be undeniable proof to all of you that the Packers are not operating the way you all think/hope they are. Everyone should also have ample awareness of who to blame.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

Well, based on how Alferd E Neuman and Gute handles the contract with Lord Rodg perhaps you're right about that.  Dumb and Dumber may just stick to the only mantra they know.

Bow and grovel and you wet yourself.

Edited by 15412

I want to move on from Rodgers , but personal feeling aside I think this would play out just like Mr Anon says.   If Rodgers openly states he wants to stay I think he stays and starts.    I think the team would be quicker on the trigger in putting Love in if the season starts to slide.     It would be nice if the brass would put their foot down and have some of the hard internal discussions with Rodgers as people have stated in above posts - but I do not think objectively or realistically, this brass is prepared to act that way

If Rodgers privately, or publicly, states he has emerged from the darkness and again seen the light and is willing to move on, then the team quickly accommodates

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I agree that Rodgers has much more leverage compared to GB organization.  

steps in a hypothetical process

1. Rodgers says he wants to play in 2023 and GB is the place
  2. GB says you need to take a paycut to do so or we trade you
  3. Rodgers says no to the pay cut, and I will play in SF for 1 year then retire
  4.  what is GB next move??

12 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Lol, hate the message all you want, but it's reality. Don't make me root for Rodgers to declare he wants to stay just so it can be proven to all of you.

One huge positive is that it would be undeniable proof to all of you that the Packers are not operating the way you all think/hope they are. Everyone should also have ample awareness of who to blame.

Wouldn't it just be easier if the Packers said ... he's our Qb, he's under contract, and we want him back?

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I agree that Rodgers has much more leverage compared to GB organization.  

steps in a hypothetical process

1. Rodgers says he wants to play in 2023 and GB is the place
  2. GB says you need to take a paycut to do so or we trade you
  3. Rodgers says no to the pay cut, and I will play in SF for 1 year then retire
  4.  what is GB next move??

I'm taking a player on a rookie deal and a 2025 1st and a mid round pick in 2024 and moving on. The cap relief in 2024 + the 2025 pick will help us reboot quicker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm taking a player on a rookie deal and a 2025 1st and a mid round pick in 2024 and moving on. The cap relief in 2024 + the 2025 pick will help us reboot quicker. 

so would SF give up that for 1 year when they are effectively bidding against themselves in trade negotiations?

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Wouldn't it just be easier if the Packers said ... he's our Qb, he's under contract, and we want him back?

Sure but they played the one card they can - which is not saying that. Its only power is hoping it might sway him to want to play elsewhere. They didn't heap massive praise on him today so the response by many has been "oh boy the Packers are ready to put their big boy pants on and take a stand!"

You could say that today the Packers used up the little bit of play they've left themselves in the situation. It's not even passive aggressive, it's just passive.

Edited by Mr Anonymous