Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

No defense required. I dont care where he posts it. Was just letting him know one had been opened.

Yeah I know..I just was surprised too when I saw him say that. But it just was like way damn down the list of posted in threads. 

4 hours ago, Leader said:

I agree with her comments. It's time for the defense to take control. Get it done.

I think a large part of this is that the Packers recognize that if you look at the best pass rushers in the NFL you get like Garrett, Parsons, Watt, Bosa, Bosa, Mack, Burns, Gary etc. all of whom are 1st round picks except if Maxx Crosby gets in there.  If you look at the best CBs in the NFL you get like Garner, Ramsey, Gilmore, Jaire, Surtain, etc.   If you look at the best DTs in the NFL you get like Donald, Simmons, Williams, Lawrence, Heyward, Allen, Buckner, Clark, Wilkins, Vea, etc. all of whom are 1st round picks and Chris Jones was a high second.

But if you start looking for the best WRs, you get Adams, Hill, Diggs, Brown, Kupp, Deebo, Lockett none of whom were first rounders.  You look for the best TEs you get Kelce, Andrews, Kittle, Goedert, Freiermuth, Schultz, Knox, etc. who weren't FRPs.  If you look at the best RBs you get like Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Ekler, Jones, Mixon, Hall, etc. who weren't FRPs.  If you look at the best centers you get like Linsley, Humphrey, Kelce, Jones, Hudson, Jenson, etc. who weren't FRPs.  If you look at the best Guards you get like Bitonio, Onwenu, Thuney, Teller, Jenkins, Mason, etc.

Which is not to say that Jamar Chase, Kyle Pitts, Saquon Barkley, Quenton Nelson, etc. aren't really good football players most teams would be glad to have, but the NFL as a whole finds really good offensive players (not quarterbacks) outside of the first round all the time, but the same is much less true about defense.  There are way more 4th round WRs who are really good NFL players than 4th round pass rushers.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Which is not to say that Jamar Chase, Kyle Pitts, Saquon Barkley, Quenton Nelson, etc. aren't really good football players most teams would be glad to have, but the NFL as a whole finds really good offensive players (not quarterbacks) outside of the first round all the time, but the same is much less true about defense.  There are way more 4th round WRs who are really good NFL players than 4th round pass rushers.

Throw OL in there as well.  Much easier to find legitimately good OL in the mid-rounds vs DL.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Rich Bisaccia was running day one of Packers minicamp according to Andy Herman.  LaFleur was attending a cancer charity function in Madison.  LaFleur will return for day two.  Bisaccia sure is juiced in already.  He's universally respected it seems. 

He's gonna mess around and get a head coaching gig somewhere

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rich Bisaccia was running day one of Packers minicamp according to Andy Herman.  LaFleur was attending a cancer charity function in Madison.  LaFleur will return for day two.  Bisaccia sure is juiced in already.  He's universally respected it seems. 

Coach B is gonna get a ring with us

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I wish him well but after some of the leg injuries, he wasn't close to the same player. He had so much potential too. 

They really mismanaged him.  Had that hammy and hurried him back shredded the damn thing.  He was never the same after that.  Once the kid lost his speed it was over.  Really nice kid and family.  Packers did him a solid and paid him 7 mil/yr in his last season.  No one else would have.