Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

20 hours ago, R T said:

You are too late; they are off and running with Carlson already. We should be getting the 'he is not an NFL kicker' and 'it's just bad GMing for him to ever be on a final 53' takes very soon.   

I expect Savage to be the runaway choice by week 17.

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm all for it, but man when the Media people commit incredibly quick to relatively unproven commodities(Love's on the far more high functioning part of the spectrum so to speak with excellently solid pre-seasons and a brief flash in the regular season), they do so with all the desperation of a 40-year-old virgin strolling down the Red District.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

If only I felt like Schneidman had an opinion that was worth caring about.

Yeah, JL’s media mash has gone from “He can’t. play. football.” hot takes to “Jordan Love will take the NFL by storm” hot takes with one not being any more well-informed than the other.

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Yeah, JL’s media mash has gone from “He can’t. play. football.” hot takes to “Jordan Love will take the NFL by storm” hot takes with one not being any more well-informed than the other.

So, kind of like what has happened on this forum is what you are saying. 

Dan Orlovsky has had high praise.  I appreciate his take as a certified QB nerd and he backs up what he sees with film. Still, I hope the haters and doubters keep the narrative going. No need to crown anyone in August but I’d much rather be below the radar that believing the hype. Love doesn’t seem like a guy tuned into anything outside of the building so I don’t think the talk really matters one way or the other. 

• Like 1