Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Punter decision was a surprise, and the importance of the punter as a holder for Anders was discussed.  In Tuesday presser, MLF said the new guy "did a really nice job with that, and I think he learned and grew".  "Everything we asked him to do, he did a really nice job with."  

Gute presser, was asked about Tenuta, and having 11 O-linemen.  "He's big, he's smart, he's tough, we think he's got a good upside....  He's a big guy who can play..." 

About 11 OL:  "Yeah, we're a little deeper than where we've been in the past, so offensive line we're at 11, we won't be at 11 for very long..."  "We have a good group there, a bunch of guys who can play, we've intentionally kinda drafted some guys and a lot of those guys have developed, so we're excited about that group.  Certainly took a lot of calls and had conversations over the last couple of weeks on those guys, but you can't have enough of them." 

I'm sure you guys knew, but it was Tenuta who got moved to injured list to make room for Orzech. 

I'd assumed Wicks would also to to injured, but obviously that never happened.   

27 minutes ago, craig said:

Gute presser, was asked about Tenuta, and having 11 O-linemen.  "He's big, he's smart, he's tough, we think he's got a good upside....  He's a big guy who can play..." 

About 11 OL:  "Yeah, we're a little deeper than where we've been in the past, so offensive line we're at 11, we won't be at 11 for very long..."  "We have a good group there, a bunch of guys who can play, we've intentionally kinda drafted some guys and a lot of those guys have developed, so we're excited about that group.  Certainly took a lot of calls and had conversations over the last couple of weeks on those guys, but you can't have enough of them." 

I'm sure you guys knew, but it was Tenuta who got moved to injured list to make room for Orzech. 

I'd assumed Wicks would also to to injured, but obviously that never happened.   

Nijman or Bak getting moved before the Bears game? Is this why Bak hasn't been practicing? 

Let the hysterical fans (like me) start to speculate even more on whose getting moved. 

37 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nijman or Bak getting moved before the Bears game? Is this why Bak hasn't been practicing? 

Let the hysterical fans (like me) start to speculate even more on whose getting moved. 

here is another guy clamoring for Nijman getting traded.  when will this non-sense end??

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wild. Josina is typically on the ball too so this is likely legit.

I'm not sure we've heard the end of this either.  Taylor wants out, and at some point the Colts might just want to be done with it.  If the Packers are contending at the trade deadline maybe they take another run at this this.  A lot will depend on the relationship between Taylor and the Colts in the coming weeks.  He's officially out for four games and it will be interesting to see what happens after that. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Wild. Josina is typically on the ball too so this is likely legit.

I know I'll be in the minority on this board but I would have been all for the Pack trading for Taylor - not with our 1st or presumed Jets 1st -  but if the team had parted with a 2024 2nd and potentially even a 2025 3rd as well and given him a top 5-8 RB contract I would have been cool.    I know that would have created a firestorm on the board and I completely get all the reasons people would be against the move, I just disagree.    Taylor would legitimately be the best back we've ever seen since 2000-2004 Ahman Green (minus all the domestic violence).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kampfgeist said:

I know I'll be in the minority on this board but I would have been all for the Pack trading for Taylor - not with our 1st or presumed Jets 1st -  but if the team had parted with a 2024 2nd and potentially even a 2025 3rd as well and given him a top 5-8 RB contract I would have been cool.    I know that would have created a firestorm on the board and I completely get all the reasons people would be against the move, I just disagree.    Taylor would legitimately be the best back we've ever seen since 2000-2004 Ahman Green (minus all the domestic violence).

I think with the uncertain status in 2024 of Jones and Dillon it's something to keep an eye on.   Especially if Taylor wants to be a Packer ... I think you got to seriously look into it.  Taylor is 24 years old. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Old Guy, Gute's "we won't be at 11 for very long" comment was made on Tuesday, before the additions of the TE and ST-guy pickups were complete or could be official.  So when the media guy asked about Tenuta, and asked about having 11 OL, at that moment Tenuta was the 11th OL. Gute could confidently say "won't be at 11 for very long" because he knew Tenuta was going on injured when Sims got in and got finalized.   

• Like 1

Just now, craig said:

Old Guy, Gute's "we won't be at 11 for very long" comment was made on Tuesday, before the additions of the TE and ST-guy pickups were complete or could be official.  So when the media guy asked about Tenuta, and asked about having 11 OL, at that moment Tenuta was the 11th OL. Gute could confidently say "won't be at 11 for very long" because he knew Tenuta was going on injured when Sims got in and got finalized.   

Good catch! Obviously, I missed it. 

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think with the uncertain status in 2024 of Jones and Dillon it's something to keep an eye on.   Especially if Taylor wants to be a Packer ... I think you got to seriously look into it.  Taylor is 24 years old. 

Yeah....but I'd wager he's gonna slow down faster than the average back. Didnt follow him during his college days, but I suspect he got a lot of use.....and the way Indy's been grinding him into dust......he might be 24 with a 29 year old body.....

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm not sure we've heard the end of this either.  Taylor wants out, and at some point the Colts might just want to be done with it.  If the Packers are contending at the trade deadline maybe they take another run at this this.  A lot will depend on the relationship between Taylor and the Colts in the coming weeks.  He's officially out for four games and it will be interesting to see what happens after that. 

At no point are the Colts going to want to be "done with it" to the point where they'd consider him for peanuts.  Their entire FO deserves to get canned if they did that.  Barring injury, he's going to top the RB market which means $15M+/year.  That's fringe 3rd/4th round compensatory pick range.  That's the absolute bare minimum that the Colts could/should accept for him.  If it's anything less than that, they should tell the other teams to kick rocks.  I thought the FRP asking price was a bit on the optimistic side, but a SRP+ seems like solid value if you're not going to want to re-sign him.