Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

A LOT of chicken being counted before they hatch here.  Offensive tackle is absolutely in play unless Rasheed Walker gets substantial burn, and he plays well.  He's played well in limited PT in the preseason, but nothing in meaningful time.  Obviously, Zach Tom is one of our starting OTs and we're probably in the final year of David Bakhtiari.  EDGE seems unlikely unless you're looking at an elite prospect.  Both in terms of starter and depth, I'm not sure there's a better EDGE group than Green Bay's in the NFL.  And I don't think that's an exaggeration by any means.  CB seems like a bigger need than I think we care to admit.  Outside of Jaire Alexander, I'm not sure there's a CB on our roster right now that will be on the roster in 2025.  I hope that isn't the case, but this is the NFL.

Agreed. Fans forget that at one time there was positive buzz about guys like Randall & Rollins after their rookie years, before things fell apart. We have to see ‘it’ vs starters for extended sample periods to make sure it isn’t fool’s gold. Guys that might positively flash when given less responsibilities, or playing against 2nd-stringers, or when operating under the “for a rookie” caveat, may stop shining when given larger roles or less of a grading curve. & when opponents have more tape of them to zero in on exploitable weaknesses.

S, OG/C, OT probably our biggest needs heading into next year's draft.  Edge not seeing it.  Possible IDL need space eating run defender.  Ford?  CB not sure really depends on whether Stokes regains his form or busts out.  Also Valentine kid know he's a 7th rounder but looks like he can play.  On the fence need to see how the season shakes out.

Sneaky need is RB with Jones and Dillon questionable to return next year.  Probably why Gute kicked the tires on Taylor.  

Really all in all Packers don't have too many holes in the roster.  OT not even sure Bak most likely won't be back but we do have a lot of developmental guys on the roster.  Walker and Jones are intriguing.  Tom looks to be our LT of the future.  

OG/C.  Specifically RG.  Hopefully Meyer will get it together this year.  If not we'll need a C.  Waste to put Tom there.  Runyan's contract is up.  Whether we bring him back or not an upgrade would be nice. 

If Love bombs all bets are off.  We'll go QB and burn a lot of draft capital to do so.  That would suck and set the team back a few years.  Fingers crossed that he's the man. 

Would not surprise if the Packers go DB's with there first 2 picks.  Just kinda the way they roll.  CB and S.  Then score a  G/C with our 2nd rounder. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

I don't think that's a translation lol. That's just exactly what they're saying. No translation needed ha 

Which is exactly how every agent and player do things. If the Colts came with a bag for Taylor, all would be forgiven. It's the way it is. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Translation not needed. Especially from Ken. Agent's words stand on their own merit.

Until Bertie Boatsman weighs in with a proper newsflash I’m not sure I can believe all this noise about agents listening to offers whenever they get them.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Until Bertie Boatsman weighs in with a proper newsflash I’m not sure I can believe all this noise about agents listening to offers whenever they get them.

Lol ******* Bertie Boatsman. Still waiting for his new podcast to drop on vinyl. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Be interesting to see how Bosa resets the top end of the market and what Brian Burns gets. Those deals will happen before Gary's and will determine his value, especially Burns deal.

Since Bosa's a DE.......his deal wont have bearing on Gary's.

Burns...yes. Came out of the same draft class in fact. Only reason I remember that is Burns was the guy I wanted GB to draft.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Since Bosa's a DE.......his deal wont have bearing on Gary's.

Burns...yes. Came out of the same draft class in fact. Only reason I remember that is Burns was the guy I wanted GB to draft.

That is not true. They both play basically the same position and when Bosa gets his deal, the reports are how he's getting more than TJ Watt.