Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hopefully, that hole will be plugged this week.

Someone needs to get ahold of Stenavich and let him know that Jones is a workhorse RB who needs 20+ touches a game 'week in and week out'. 

I heard it here so it must be true.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, R T said:

Someone needs to get ahold of Stenavich and let him know that Jones is a workhorse RB who needs 20+ touches a game 'week in and week out'. 

He's part of the bunch that routinely lament not getting Jones enough touches during press conferences after losses. 

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm wondering what effect our coaching staff getting thinned out has had...................

Probably a lot.  I think Hackett was a great fit in GB.. as was Getsy.   Neither have exactly set the world on fire since leaving, but I think they were well respected in GB.  LaFleur had to promote Steno or he was going to lose him to Denver along with Hackett.  OLine and the offense in general have really struggled since those moves. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, R T said:

You know, at first I didn't catch what you did here and I rolled my eyes... then I got it.  

5f5e6de1-c526-4afe-ab54-4a1102706971_tex

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, R T said:

Yet most Packer fans have a real dislike for Capers, might say more about fans in general than anything else though.

I think the end of his tenure really soured a lot of fans.  There is no doubt that he was very good from 09-11.  I think that losing Nick Collins, Charles Woodson losing a step, and BJ Raji just going through the motions really set his defense back.  The 2011 defense gave up a lot of points, but was actually pretty complimentary to the 2011 offense.  In the two games that team lost, it was first the Chiefs leaning in to the Alex Smith brand of boring uninspired football and shortening the game.  The second game against the Giants was really the first time that the offense sputtered all season.  That 2011 defense was all about taking the ball away and getting the offense back on the field and letting them score with their ridiculous efficiency.  And it worked.  

14 defense was pretty good, but I think the 12 and 13 defenses soured so many people on Dom Capers that it is over looked.