Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

My understanding is that it makes an adjustment for that, but I dont know the validity or origin of the adjustment weights. 

it's not perfect and cannot capture every nuance, but it's (pretty easily) the best single metric point of comparison for previous results we have access to.

it's definitely better than the "eye test" which pretty much just means "remembering the extreme plays for 1/32 teams"

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Seriousy. There were a couple times I thought MN let us off the hook by not going for it on 4th.
Whats to lose? Odds are that they'll convert..and even if dont and (potentially) leaving points off the board - what chance is there our offense will make them pay?

Just thinking about it, can anyone tell a selling point on Jason Vrable? MVS and EQ never progressed here, Amari was a flop, now Watson and Doubs seemed to have stagnated. Time for LaFleur to cut some dead weight on the O staff. I would demote Steno to "Run game coordinator" basically the fancy OL coach, hire a "pass game coordinator," basically a new OC, fire Vrable and potentially the TE coach too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Just thinking about it, can anyone tell a selling point on Jason Vrable? MVS and EQ never progressed here, Amari was a flop, now Watson and Doubs seemed to have stagnated. Time for LaFleur to cut some dead weight on the O staff. I would demote Steno to "Run game coordinator" basically the fancy OL coach, hire a "pass game coordinator," basically a new OC, fire Vrable and potentially the TE coach too.

The question's made it to Twitter....

Agree about the concern with Vrable, but at some point, the crosshairs should find MLF here. This is a staff of his choosing, and their production falls on him. The two best assistants on the staff are the two that were forced on him, Clements and Bisaccia. People want to continually kill Barry and other assistants as the root of all things wrong with the Packers, but they are simply carrying out what MLF wants from a teaching and gameplan standpoint. 

Personally feel MLF is getting badly exposed for what he really is right now. He was hired because he would be a non-threating figurehead for Rodgers, but now that they need a real leader as the HC that person is not there. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So we should just accept a lack of results because it's private?

No we just have no way to determine where the breakdown is from the outside. if it's talent evaluation, play calling, position coaching, something else, we have no information to narrow down causes 

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Agree about the concern with Vrable, but at some point, the crosshairs should find MLF here. This is a staff of his choosing, and their production falls on him. The two best assistants on the staff are the two that were forced on him, Clements and Bisaccia. People want to continually kill Barry and other assistants as the root of all things wrong with the Packers, but they are simply carrying out what MLF wants from a teaching and gameplan standpoint. 

Personally feel MLF is getting badly exposed for what he really is right now. He was hired because he would be a non-threating figurehead for Rodgers, but now that they need a real leader as the HC that person is not there. 

I want to frame this post so I can always remember you this way. 

This is 100% accurate. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Imagine! If everything breaks right, we might get to see Vrable and Love ruin MHJ's career!