Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 10/25/2023 at 4:55 PM, Norm said:

IDK if there's any actual truth to this but I'm not sure we're that much more obsessed with it than the average. You sneak into every teams forum before the draft and it seems like they're all OMG I BET WE LOVE THIS HIGH RAS GUY, OUR YEAH LOOOOVES HIGH RAS. Or maybe good athletes just make good pro athletes? So like they get drafted high, or a lot. 

You are right norm, but sometimes it seems that it's a big factor for Gute:). Seems like, I hate posting like i know for sure as some of our players were and are players before we got them. I mean how many players regress once they arrive:). 

Maybe it's coaching:) Or lack thereof. 

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

it's not perfect and cannot capture every nuance, but it's (pretty easily) the best single metric point of comparison for previous results we have access to.

it's definitely better than the "eye test" which pretty much just means "remembering the extreme plays for 1/32 teams"

I guess i feel like it depends whose eyes. Certainly will be right more often than most fans. 

It is a model and i agree it is definitely the best one. 

I dont know how Love is against the average qb in nfl this year. Average feels about right. I know he is better than himself in the past but he is not as good as he is going to be next year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Ladies and gentlemen, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position as we begin our descent. Thank you. 

So what?

It was always going to be a take your lumps year. 1/3 of the cap isn't playing and they have the youngest receiving corps in decades with a first year starting QB. It doesn't mean perpetual doom and gloom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

So what?

It was always going to be a take your lumps year. 1/3 of the cap isn't playing and they have the youngest receiving corps in decades with a first year starting QB. It doesn't mean perpetual doom and gloom.

Go back and read the takes on here in the preseason. People legitimately believed (and hell even I bought into it for a while) that this team would be better than the 2022 version because Love was replacing Rodgers and "oh watch the LaFleur offensive scheme take off now" was trending on the forum. 

It's only been doom and gloom because that narrative has been shot to hell and everyone has pivoted. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Go back and read the takes on here in the preseason. People legitimately believed (and hell even I bought into it for a while) that this team would be better than the 2022 version because Love was replacing Rodgers and "oh watch the LaFleur offensive scheme take off now" was trending on the forum. 

It's only been doom and gloom because that narrative has been shot to hell and everyone has pivoted. 

Again, who cares? 

BREAKING NEWS: Fans were optimistic about their team! So were Bears fans, Viking fans, Giants fans, etc...

You're either tanking or optimistic as a fan before the season. 

This is such a weird take to have. Try to shove our faces in it because we were optimistic. Next year I'll be sure to post, "well if x,y,z happen to occur, the Packers will be good, BUT let me make sure I also quantify that if a,b,c occur instead, the Packers will be bad."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

My biggest disappointment has been the OL....and I attributed a lot of the dysfunction thats going on with the offense overall to that. I figured Love was gonna stuggle....didnt expect the WRs running all over the place like that they have....but overall, I think the OL needs to settle down (if thats even possible.....) before we (or I at least) can get any semblance of how things are running. If Love continues to struggle from that point forward.....perhaps it is what it is.

Edited by Leader