Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Where is he...I don't see him on the sideline at all during the games. Is he back in California with no intention of coming back? We have a couple of young tackles that would not mind getting pointers to improve their play from him.

I saw him on the sidelines a week or two ago.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MacReady said:

We will be if we give Love that contract.

Josh Allen was at 53% and 6.5 YPA. They surrounded him with talent. He looked better with that talent. They gave him that contract. They were not able to keep the talent around him because he started winning more games, ruining their draft capital, costing in cap space.

This is the cycle of every NFL team. We don’t have the luxury of 4 years on a rookie contract with Love.

If we extend him, it’s going to lead to a gradual, slow downturn that will waste a decade.

I don't really disagree.  But I was more referring to having high expectations and then being bad.  At least we knew that we were rebuilding and evaluating.  

23 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is the Bakhtiari contract one of the worst of all time? And I am not counting rookie contracts on busts, like eleventy bajillion to JaWalrus Russell. 

It is just horrible luck.  LeCharles Bentley was very similar. 

No.

53 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is the Bakhtiari contract one of the worst of all time? And I am not counting rookie contracts on busts, like eleventy bajillion to JaWalrus Russell. 

It is just horrible luck.  LeCharles Bentley was very similar. 

Joe Johnson chuckled at this post. Albert Haynesworth passed out from hyperventilation while laughing. 

Edited by Old Guy

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The Rich magic has worn off and Barry still sucks! 

Admittedly I don't have some of the stats needed, but 28th seems a bit extreme.  Carlson has been pretty good for a rookie who is still recovering from injury.  Orzech hasn't had any issues that I can recall, which is what you'd want.  Whelan has clearly been a weak link, and probably someone we're looking to replace next offseason.  I feel like our PR and KR have been both below-average, but not miserable.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Admittedly I don't have some of the stats needed, but 28th seems a bit extreme.  Carlson has been pretty good for a rookie who is still recovering from injury.  Orzech hasn't had any issues that I can recall, which is what you'd want.  Whelan has clearly been a weak link, and probably someone we're looking to replace next offseason.  I feel like our PR and KR have been both below-average, but not miserable.

Do believe Carlson tore his ACL two years ago so that should be healed by now. I do get your point. The reality is, our special teams aren't going to win us a game, we hope they don't lose one. 

That to me is not good enough. 

I think D. Bahkteiri 's brother posted that. I hope the next tweet is the picture of B. Favre's bruised leg after the MN Viking lost that game where he threw the ball instead of running for a first. Just a pic of that swollen leg with no comment.

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Do believe Carlson tore his ACL two years ago so that should be healed by now. I do get your point. The reality is, our special teams aren't going to win us a game, we hope they don't lose one. 

That to me is not good enough. 

Didn't he tear it closer to the end of that 2021 season as opposed to early?  I've never torn my ACL, but I've had friends that have torn it and said they didn't really trust their knee for over a full year later.  So his "struggles" in 2022 aren't that worrisome.  I can't speak for others, but where they're missing from speaks volumes to me.  4 of his 5 misses were from 40+ yards out.  Not exactly chip shots.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Didn't he tear it closer to the end of that 2021 season as opposed to early?  I've never torn my ACL, but I've had friends that have torn it and said they didn't really trust their knee for over a full year later.  So his "struggles" in 2022 aren't that worrisome.  I can't speak for others, but where they're missing from speaks volumes to me.  4 of his 5 misses were from 40+ yards out.  Not exactly chip shots.

For the record, I've got no issues with Carlson. He was making me nervous in the preseason but has been solid when it counts. 

Also, if he tore it 'late,' in the 2021 college season, he's still two years removed from the injury.

I looked it up. Surgery was Nov 16th, 2021. Almost exactly 2 years at this point. 

Auburn kicker Anders Carlson undergoes successful ACL surgery - al.com

Edited by Old Guy