Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I basically dislike every other team. But then especially hate Seattle, 49ers, and Giants to a lesser extent. No idea why...

I really only hate Dallas due to the "americas team' crap and their fans are pretty annoying.

However, the worst team is easily the Vikings, by a mile.  So much more so than Chicago. Detroit is starting to get annoying.

But Vikings the worst. Their fans think they're equals somehow when they've never accomplished anything.

If i we're pressed to root for any other team if the Packers didn't exist it would be the Bills. So I guess I hate the Bills the least out of any other team.

If the Packers didn't exist my interest in the NFL would be utterly casual. Milwaukee teams might've had a stronger influence on me, but I lost interest in the Bucks and Brewers before the 2010's came about in this reality and I can't see a rosier fate in a Packer-less world.

Shoot, I may not have even gotten into sports growing up. Now I'm Arthur Dent imagining a universe without Earth-based fast food and blacking out.

4 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

If the Packers didn't exist my interest in the NFL would be utterly casual. Milwaukee teams might've had a stronger influence on me, but I lost interest in the Bucks and Brewers before the 2010's came about in this reality and I can't see a rosier fate in a Packer-less world.

Shoot, I may not have even gotten into sports growing up. Now I'm Arthur Dent imagining a universe without Earth-based fast food and blacking out.

Funny thing is I loved other pro sports growing up and. Basketball, Baseball, etc. Can't imagine a scenario I'd sit down and watch one of those sports aside from a occasional playoff game or something. I'm with Bak that College football kind of sucks too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Funny thing is I loved other pro sports growing up and. Basketball, Baseball, etc. Can't imagine a scenario I'd sit down and watch one of those sports aside from a occasional playoff game or something. I'm with Bak that College football kind of sucks too.

I think what is happening in college football and to a lesser extent the NFL are begin ruined like the 3-point line ruined basketball. 

College and the NFL are turning into shootouts because the defense is handicapped with the rule changes. I'm all in on the targeting calls and player safety but let the DB's and LB's rough guys up a little to make it a fair fight. I would not be surprised if the NFL is some glorified form of flag football in 10 years. The way the NFL is promoting it and the way the game is changing, it seems to be heading that way. If it does not go that extreme, in 10 years we won't recognize the game as it is today. 

I think the only teams I legitimately hate are the 49ers and Cowboys. Part of that is the success from my childhood and part of it is their success now. Without those two teams (either the 90s Cowboys or the 2010s 49ers) the Packers probably have 2-4 more Super Bowl appearances at least. 

I think the only team I truly hate is the Vikings. It’s the only team in which a loss for them brings a smile to my face regardless of the opponent.

I also dislike the Seahawks and maybe Washington for some unknown reason.

I don’t feel strongly about any AFC team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Never draft another Auburn player ever

Should have learned that lesson after picking Brent Fullwood with the 4th overall pick. 

Brent Fullwood (1st round, 1987)
My God. Fullwood, an All-American running back from Auburn, was the fourth pick in the ’87 draft. Fullwood had a legendarily-low score on the Wonderlic, the intelligence test all players take at the NFL Scouting Combine. Although results weren’t released, it was reportedly between one and nine. Twenty is considered average. He also allegedly stopped attending classes shortly into the fall semester of his final year at Auburn. Fullwood played three full seasons for the Packers, his best coming in the magical 1989 season when he gained 821 yards and made the Pro Bowl. His career rushing total of 1,701 yards doesn’t exactly scream fourth-overall draft pick. Fullwood was traded to Cleveland during the 1990 season after he pulled himself from a game because of a sore throat and upset stomach. The thing I personally remember most about Fullwood is my father called him Fumblewood. His high intelligence level probably netted him some fantastic job after his pro career ended, but we’re not aware of what it might be.