Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

After watching the QB school video, I kinda watched for Kraft.  He looks like he's pretty engaged as a blocker.  Once or twice, I almost wished he didn't block quite as long so that he could get out as a target more quickly.  

Think he's going to be pretty useful.  If Rhyan doesn't break the 3rd-round curse, Kraft will.  Why not both?  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Now do the run blocking! Also, I must be watching something else because he doesn't pass the eye test to me. Which is absolutely useless. 

I hear ya, but it feels like we’re prioritizing pass blocking much more . I personally see a massive improvement in the o line. Haven’t seen much from him in particular 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Now do the run blocking! Also, I must be watching something else because he doesn't pass the eye test to me. Which is absolutely useless. 

Look at the tweet.  He did.  14 out of 55.

But...I'm with you.  I get it.  I don't see the run stuff either.  But, I tend to watch guard play, then RT play.

Could be that run blocking from the tackle spot just isn't that flashy, too.  Which is why a mauler like Trent Williams gets the accolades.

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Honestly, you should just take it like most everything else on offense.  He's a young player who is getting better.  Forget where he ranks and stuff like that.  Clearly the kid has improved and looks great for a 7'th round tackle.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Look at the tweet.  He did.  14 out of 55.

But...I'm with you.  I get it.  I don't see the run stuff either.  But, I tend to watch guard play, then RT play.

Could be that run blocking from the tackle spot just isn't that flashy, too.  Which is why a mauler like Trent Williams gets the accolades.

I see the problem here. I'm watching Walker and you're watching Tom! 😀

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell, he's rated that high in run blocking, or pass blocking tbh. 

Edited by Old Guy

Rasheed Walker is playing excellent football for being a backup LT. He's proven we don't need to spend on Yosh and he's OT3 going forward. 

Next year we will have Bakh and Tom starting with Walker and a round 1-3 rookie as the OTs.

Walker deserves some respect for his work post bye, Detroit and LV were rough, but he's stepped up tremendously.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Rasheed Walker is playing excellent football for being a backup LT. He's proven we don't need to spend on Yosh and he's OT3 going forward. 

Next year we will have Bakh and Tom starting with Walker and a round 1-3 rookie as the OTs.

Walker deserves some respect for his work post bye, Detroit and LV were rough, but he's stepped up tremendously.

I assumed he'd been better, just not this much better.  The OL performance has been steadily improving, right along with Love and the offense overall.

In addition to bringing Drake on the PS the Packers have also claimed CB David Long (3rd round pick) off waivers.

This and Kyu Kelly (5th) waiver claims as well as grabbing Rochell (4th) off Carolina's PS all in just over a month after trading Douglas.

Gute is really working that CB room.

Long and Rochell were both teammates on the Rams.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 2