Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Hits different when a former player is now noticing what simple fans have noticed. Even LaFleur's comments again today about "we're all frustrated" was a weird way to answer the question about Jaire. Even weirder is that he's missed 4 games already yet he wasn't put on IR. To me, that screams "we the team and coaches believe he's ready to play and it's the player holding himself out." 

All the evidence points to that conclusion IMO.

Twitter is insufferable with people debating whether Alexander "wants to be here" or not, which misses the point. 

Pretty clear IMO what is happening:

Earlier this season: Alexander gets hurt with back injury. Staff clears him to return, likely at less than 100, he comes back, plays and the results aren't great...he underperforms. Jaire is a guy who certainly cares about his personal performance and appearance on the field, and I would bet it even maybe rubbed him the wrong way a bit that he came back when he did. 

Fast forward to now: Jaire has shoulder injury. Once again, I would bet he's been cleared to play for at least the last 1-2 weeks (hence no IR) but Ja himself probably thinks he's not 100%. Unlike last time, he's now not willing to go back out there until "he" feels he's ready. Hence the obvious frustration (and perhaps even a little annoyance) you can sense whenever MLF is asked about it. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Leader said:

I've not been watching his interviews....so I have no understanding of what these guys are talking about. I dont think he's been expressing "I dont want to be here" sentiments by not playing. I'm figuring he's hurt....which is a bummer....but it is what it is.

https://www.packers.com/video/jaire-alexander-lives-vicariously-through-carrington-valentine-week-14-2023

Far for me to be a d-bag but Gary Ellerson has no business even giving a take on Jaire’s state of mind. He has zero interaction with him on any level.

Why would Jaire want out? Barry’s defense? No. Pay? No. Team quality? Not after the last month. 

So stop talking. That’s what the people said when his radio station got canceled. Then his media overlords placed him on Spectrum TV because he’s boys with LeRoy Butler from that show. Neither of them have intelligent thoughts on the Packers. If you’ve ever dealt with Spectrum, enough has been said.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Twitter is insufferable with people debating whether Alexander "wants to be here" or not, which misses the point. 

Pretty clear IMO what is happening:

Earlier this season: Alexander gets hurt with back injury. Staff clears him to return, likely at less than 100, he comes back, plays and the results aren't great...he underperforms. Jaire is a guy who certainly cares about his personal performance and appearance on the field, and I would bet it even maybe rubbed him the wrong way a bit that he came back when he did. 

Fast forward to now: Jaire has shoulder injury. Once again, I would bet he's been cleared to play for at least the last 1-2 weeks (hence no IR) but Ja himself probably thinks he's not 100%. Unlike last time, he's now not willing to go back out there until "he" feels he's ready. Hence the obvious frustration (and perhaps even a little annoyance) you can sense whenever MLF is asked about it. 

Inconceivable!  I've read many times on this very forum that GB has the most conservative medical staff in the league.

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Would you rather the money go to the owners or the players because it's gotta go somewhere and it ain't going into our pockets.

How about they pay less, charge less, and make it reasonable for a family to go watch a few games each year?

Any sport that has the kind of payroll disparity that MLB does is a joke.  Most of the league goes into the season knowing they are non-competitive.   Why any fan shows up for that escapes me.

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Far for me to be a d-bag but Gary Ellerson has no business even giving a take on Jaire’s state of mind. He has zero interaction with him on any level.

Why would Jaire want out? Barry’s defense? No. Pay? No. Team quality? Not after the last month. 

So stop talking. That’s what the people said when his radio station got canceled. Then his media overlords placed him on Spectrum TV because he’s boys with LeRoy Butler from that show. Neither of them have intelligent thoughts on the Packers. If you’ve ever dealt with Spectrum, enough has been said.

He and Butler were sooooooooooooo much better than ESPN Milwaukee and I'm not sure how anyone could possibly think otherwise. I can't listen to sports talk anymore the leftovers are so bad.

You're giving an uninformed take too, maybe Ja does have beef with something, we have no idea.

22 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

How about they pay less, charge less, and make it reasonable for a family to go watch a few games each year?

Any sport that has the kind of payroll disparity that MLB does is a joke.  Most of the league goes into the season knowing they are non-competitive.   Why any fan shows up for that escapes me.

MLB tickets are already cheap if you make any effort whatsoever on the secondary market.  Last year's MLB playoffs included 6 teams with payrolls ranked 1-10, 5 teams with payrolls ranked 20-30, and one team ranked 17th. 

In short, everything you posted is wrong.  It's fine if you don't like baseball.  Blaming the payroll disparity's as the reason why is just ignorant.

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

MLB tickets are already cheap if you make any effort whatsoever on the secondary market.  Last year's MLB playoffs included 6 teams with payrolls ranked 1-10, 5 teams with payrolls ranked 20-30, and one team ranked 17th. 

In short, everything you posted is wrong.  It's fine if you don't like baseball.  Blaming the payroll disparity's as the reason why is just ignorant.

I think you are wrong at every point.   Nobody can guaranty that money will be spent well.  What MLB does guaranty is that over half the teams aren't in play for top talent.  Half the league are basically farm systems for the large markets.

I suppose you think the Brewers were actually contending for a championship this year?   Ignoring the payroll disparity is what is ignorant.  

What kills you at MLB parks is not the tickets.  It is the concessions.  To simplify, just about everything costs $10.  So, you want a hotdog and a beer? That's $20.  Want some fries to go with that, you are looking at $30.  If you are taking your family of 4, that adds up pretty quick.

I go to a lot of baseball games every year.  I think I went to 20 last season.  Usually, my cost is a hotdog and a round of drinks for the group, so 50-80 dollars per game.  It isn't cheap.  

Justin Jefferson said the same things Jaire is saying about coming back less than 100%.   Ja'Marr Chase encouraged Burrow to sit until he was absolutely 100% at the start of the season (Joe did not listen).   The list goes on

Players know they are fighting for longevity in this sport.   Jaire already dealt with one long-term shoulder injury that completely ruined a season and leads to an entire offseason of rehab.   I take it completely at face value he wants to heal properly and play at his full capability.  I don't think it has anything to do whether he wants to be in GB any more than Jefferson not wanting to be in Minny.

23 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What kills you at MLB parks is not the tickets.  It is the concessions.  To simplify, just about everything costs $10.  So, you want a hotdog and a beer? That's $20.  Want some fries to go with that, you are looking at $30.  If you are taking your family of 4, that adds up pretty quick.

I go to a lot of baseball games every year.  I think I went to 20 last season.  Usually, my cost is a hotdog and a round of drinks for the group, so 50-80 dollars per game.  It isn't cheap.  

Tailgate?