Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Only thing GB accomplished here was making this pretty minor situation into a bigger story/distraction around the team lol

What Jaire did was dumb but inconsequential in the end. This really deserved a fine at most along with some indoor conversation with the coach or whatever and both parties move on.

I suspect there might be more to this move than just this one incident.  Things could have been brewing for weeks now.   

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Only thing GB accomplished here was making this pretty minor situation into a bigger story/distraction around the team lol

What Jaire did was dumb but inconsequential in the end. This really deserved a fine at most along with some indoor conversation with the coach or whatever and both parties move on.

Please don't tell me you believe this was all there was to his behavioral issues?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm taking a victory lap here on two fronts. 

I was the most adamant about Barry getting ****canned two weeks ago. I was told him being there would not be an issue.

I was the first one clamoring for Jaire to be moved in a trade.

Congrats?

Edited by thrILL!

1 minute ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I think there's more under the surface. Jaire has been able to practice but not play in games for 6 weeks until he played his hometown team than went rogue and almost lost us a possession. 

There has to be more to it because from all we know from outside, this feels excessive. Still don't think the team should move on from him after the year regardless. Get a new defensive staff in here and go from there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jaire isn't going anywhere, anyone who understands the cap knows this.

It'll be a 27m dead cap hit to trade him next year. This works in our favor by adding value since receiving team will be getting a top CB for 17m/yr. If a team offers us 2 1sts for him, ship him off

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Then why didn't he tell his superiors?  I'm sure they would have named him one of the captains before the game.  But to pull a stunt like that is a bad look.

He gets what he deserves ... One game off for conduct detrimental.  Wasn't supposed to be out there to begin with .. went behind the coaches back .. then screwed up the coin flip call.  What a clown.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Anyone who understands the dynamics of having a cancer in the locker room knows that outweighs the cap. If anybody things it was just because of the coin toss, they aren't very smart. 

It costs us an additional 3 million if we cut or trade him prior to June 1st. After June 1st we gain 16 million. 

We can and will gain lots of cap restructuring him. You're talking 10-12m, that's probably all we have to "free spend" this off-season so you're punting on one of the final Jordan Love cheap years to get rid of an all pro CB. Remarkably stupid.

There's nothing cancerous about Jaire. He's unhappy at work and he needs to be set straight. Rodgers in 2020 was far worse along and they brought him back and got him back on the path. No reason it won't be done again.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jaire isn't going anywhere, anyone who understands the cap knows this.

I agree it is a cluster**** with the cap, but if he’s completely off of the rails with not just Barry but also LeFluer it gets very messy. If you tell him to hold and he’ll have a new DC by season’s end maybe everyone makes nice and moves forward but the behind the scenes stuff is clearly spilling out front stage right now. It’s also obviously not just limited to JA with Rasul traded who was very well liked in that room and Campbell voicing frustrations publicly. Right now things are bad to worse with our defense. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He gets what he deserves ... One game off for conduct detrimental.  Wasn't supposed to be out there to begin with .. went behind the coaches back .. then screwed up the coin flip call.  What a clown.  

He didn't though. They ended up winning the coin toss and deferring, which was what they wanted.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We can and will gain lots of cap restructuring him. You're talking 10-12m, that's probably all we have to "free spend" this off-season so you're punting on one of the final Jordan Love cheaps years to get rid of an all pro CB. Remarkably stupid.

There's nothing cancerous about Jaire. He's unhappy at work and he needs to be set straight. Rodgers in 2020 was far worse along and they brought him back and got him back on the path. No reason it won't be done again.

Jaire has done more than 12 million in damage already. You don't keep a cancer around the building. Cut your losses, get a draft pick and move on. If the draft pick is good enough, I'm moving him before June 1st.

You plan, pushes money down the road and keeps him here beyond 2024, which is bad enough. 

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Lost the defense.. more than likely.

Dont know how anyone can say the offense isnt having a great time and playing hard.

Eh. It’s seeping in eventually. You can’t have half your team not pour into the other half. It’s just more easily hidden on offense than it is defense.

Just now, Old Guy said:

Jaire has done more than 12 million in damage already. You don't keep a cancer around the building. Cut your losses, get a draft pick and move on. If the draft pick is good enough, I'm moving him before June 1st.

You plan, pushes money down the road and keeps him here beyond 2024, which is bad enough. 

He's not a cancer, you're just old.

• Like 3