Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Anyone who understands the dynamics of having a cancer in the locker room knows that outweighs the cap. If anybody things it was just because of the coin toss, they aren't very smart. 

It costs us an additional 3 million if we cut or trade him prior to June 1st. After June 1st we gain 16 million. 

Jaire's team mates wondering who this cancer in the locker room is(It's Joe Barry btw)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

He didn't though. They ended up winning the coin toss and deferring, which was what they wanted.

He got lucky that the officials asked for further clarification.  Technically the Packers could have lost a possession.  Saying you want to be on defense isn't a valid choice.  LaFleur actually went to the officials before the game and told him his wishes if they won the flip.  

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

He didn't though. They ended up winning the coin toss and deferring, which was what they wanted.

Technically speaking the officials gave him a break. He said we want to play defense. Which means we made a choice and the Panthers should have been given the choice in the second half. Fortunately, MLF told the officials before the game he was deferring so the officials basically bailed his dumb *** out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

I agree it is a cluster**** with the cap, but if he’s completely off of the rails with not just Barry but LaFluer it gets very messy. If you tell him to hold and he’ll have a new DC but Sean’s end maybe everyone makes nice and moves forward but the behind the scenes stuff is clearly spilling out front stage right now. It’s also obviously not just limited to JA with Rasul traded who was very well liked in that room and Campbell voicing frustrations publicly. Right now things are bad to worse with our defense. 

The Rasul trade I feel like really was too much return to pass on. A 3rd for a 5th and a 30 year old CB who isnt getting re-signed anyways is pretty pretty damn good value. Especially when Valentine is playing and you think youre about to get a Stokes back. Had to get the kids on the field.

I dont think there's that much to read into there.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

He's gone this offseason

I suspect that he might be gone altogether. He demonstrated through his actions a "Me First" attitude on game day. While Barry and his defense certainly stink, you still have to be "Team First" on game day.

He'll probably get traded in the offseason for a second round pick.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He got lucky that the officials asked for further clarification.  Technically the Packers could have lost a possession.  Saying you want to be on defense isn't a valid choice.  LaFleur actually went to the officials before the game and told him his wishes if they won the flip.  

I still find it mind-boggling that this is an option.  If its an option that nobody would ever want, or an option that skews the 'fairness' of the game, why is it an option at all?  Giving up a drive shouldn't be an option at the coin toss no more than giving the other team a 7 point head start because someone said the wrong word.  

Despite that, we all deal with silly things like this in our careers and knowing what to say is part of the job, especially for someone making so much money.  His aloof mindset where he blows off everything as if its no bid deal is a problem.

Just now, minnypackerfan said:

I suspect that he might be gone altogether. He demonstrated through his actions a "Me First" attitude on game day. While Barry and his defense certainly stink, you still have to be "Team First" on game day.

Trade him to the Panthers. Send him home so he can lose the rest of the year. 

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

His value is a lot higher than a 2nd round pick. 

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

The Rasul trade I feel like really was too much return to pass on. A 3rd for a 5th and a 30 year old CB who isnt getting re-signed anyways is pretty pretty damn good value. Especially when Valentine is playing and you think youre about to get a Stokes back. Had to get the kids on the field.

I dont think there's that much to read into there.

Also, at the time, GB was what? 2-5 and looking like the worst team in football. Made sense to sell off any decent vet player for picks. That's what you see in every sport with bad teams around the deadline

• Like 1

Seems to me like this is pretty simple.

MLF has no stones when it comes to his hires.

But when he screws up and a player forces his hand?  Then he has stones.

This coach is pretty lucky that he had #12 racking up wins for him when he was so young he didn't need to shave but twice a week.

It's a bad look for JA, and an equally bad look for our coach.  

But hey, let's see how the team responds this week.  My guess is that we will make another QB the player of the week, while handing out excuses about how the offense didn't help out the defense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Eh. It’s seeping in eventually. You can’t have half your team not pour into the other half. It’s just more easily hidden on offense than it is defense.

If Barrys brought back, yeah I think then there's serious worry about losing the whole thing if there's a playoff drought.

Right now it's effecting the D's money and that's a serious problem for sure. The offense doesnt really have to worry about contracts. Not their problem type situation, as long as enough W's are coming.

Just got to get to the offseason and make it known Barrys gone. I dont believe it's totally lost.