Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

I think we can easily get the Bakh cap hit down to 24-25m if he is willing to negotiate. If he isn't then I agree it's time to cut him lose.

Bakh's cap hit is $19.035 minimum.  That's what's left from his signing bonus plus the portion that the Packers have already restructured.  It physically can't get lower than that.  Minimum salary for his years of service is $1.21M, so that would push the minimum cap hit to be $20.245M.  That would mean that David Bakthiari would be taking a nearly $15M haircut.  That isn't happening.  He could easily get a Duane Brown-like contract as a FA IMO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Bakh's cap hit is $19.035 minimum.  That's what's left from his signing bonus plus the portion that the Packers have already restructured.  It physically can't get lower than that.  Minimum salary for his years of service is $1.21M, so that would push the minimum cap hit to be $20.245M.  That would mean that David Bakthiari would be taking a nearly $15M haircut.  That isn't happening.  He could easily get a Duane Brown-like contract as a FA IMO.

His cap number is currently $40,583,017 and he is due 21.5m in cash.

My projections would be like this:

• Add 2 void years.
  • Pay a 7.5m signing bonus (spread over 2024 and 2 void years so only 2.5m counts again the 2024 cap)
  • Pay a salary of 1.25m
  • Pay 1.3m in workout and per game roster bonuses.
  • Add 5m of NLTBE Bonuses to the contract (these don't count again the 2024 cap but whatever he earns gets added to the 2025 dead cap).

This means he earns 10m with the chance to get this up to 15m which is a 6.5m pay cut.

His cap number would reduce down to $24,133,017 which would give us a 16.45m saving.

Edited by OzPackfan

2 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

His cap number is currently $40,583,017 and he is due 21.5m in cash.

My projections would be like this:

• Add 2 void years.
  • Pay a 7.5m signing bonus (spread over 2024 and 2 void years so only 2.5m counts again the 2024 cap)
  • Pay a salary of 1.25m
  • Pay 1.3m in workout and per game roster bonuses.
  • Add 5m of NLTBE Bonuses to the contract (these don't count again the 2024 cap but whatever he earns gets added to the 2025 dead cap).

This means he earns 10m with the chance to get this up to 15m which is a 6.5m pay cut.

His cap number would reduce down to $24,133,017 which would give us a 16.45m saving.

That's basically saying that Baktiari can't get more than a 1 year, $10M contract with some incentives on the FA market.  I think he'd pretty much have to want to stay in Green Bay to consider that.  And quite frankly, with the way that Rasheed Walker played down the stretch, he probably deserves the job.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

1 year extension, conversion of 9.5m roster bonus and 6m of his base salary into signing bonus. 2024 cap hit of 23.6m, 2025 min base salary with 10m ULTBE bonuses that can be earned from 2024 playing time and performance, cap hit max of 16.4m, 2025 void year 5.2m cap hit.

Puts 15.5m in his pocket immediately, blows the Brown deal away.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's basically saying that Baktiari can't get more than a 1 year, $10M contract with some incentives on the FA market.  I think he'd pretty much have to want to stay in Green Bay to consider that.  And quite frankly, with the way that Rasheed Walker played down the stretch, he probably deserves the job.

Well of course he would have to want to stay in Green Bay but given his medical issues do you really think he is going to command 15-20m a year on the FA Market?

You use Duane Brown as an example but he had played 45 games in the 3 years prior. Bakhtiari has played 13 games in the last 3 years so I doubt teams are offering 15m a year without there being a bunch a bonuses.

Edited by OzPackfan

5 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

What team is going to spend 10 mil on a knee that doesn’t work anymore?

I'd argue the knee works because he was able to play 1 game at a high level this year. The issue was that the cartilage near the femur is causing fluid to build up which needs to be fixed. This was also noted during the initial reconstruction but wasn't fixed because they weren't certain it would cause an issue.

It's not like he took the year off for a full reconstruction again. Both he and the Packers were in agreement that the issue he has could be fixed hence why he had surgery.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

I'd argue the knee works because he was able to play 1 game at a high level this year. The issue was that the cartilage near the femur is causing fluid to build up which needs to be fixed. This was also noted during the initial reconstruction but wasn't fixed because they weren't certain it would cause an issue.

It's not like he took the year off for a full reconstruction again. Both he and the Packers were in agreement that the issue he has could be fixed hence why he had surgery.

That's great but does his knee and cartilage know and understand that.