Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

At this point, I’d be scrubbing other football leagues for kickers.  Look at Dallas - they struck gold with a former soccer played turned CFL kicker.  Dispatch scouts everywhere and leave no stone unturned.

Look for dogs in yards with sore ribs and reach out to their owners about their ability to kick.

• Like 1

The last Packers coach to end his tenure without ever losing to the eventual Super Bowl champions in the playoffs is Mike Sherman, also the last to end his tenure without ever losing to the Lions at home. The last to end his tenure without ever losing a home playoff game is Mike Holmgren.

"The Packers enter the 2024 offseason in better overall financial shape than what we saw last year at this time heading into their 2023 rebuilding season. However, despite Aaron Rodgers' contract being fully off their books and a talented roster full of young and cheap players, this team is currently $10.5 million over the 2024 cap and needs to shave about $30 million off their 2024 cap costs to be ready for the regular season. This $30 million only covers their upcoming draft class, practice squad, potential incentives, and having a small in-season fund -- no extensions or free agents. To sign talent to this team outside of the draft, the Packers need to create even more cap savings than the $30 million baseline to make these moves fit. Oh yeah, and their new quarterback is about to become one of the highest paid players in the league"

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 8:55 PM, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I saw Don Chandler kick for the Packers.

On 1/26/2024 at 9:48 PM, coachbuns said:

You and I both .. both of us .. old guys!

You guys are really old. I remember Chandler, but never remember seeing him kicking. 

Fricking fossils! 😁

• Like 1