Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, Kepler said:

I don't know what's cringey about it. You guys think these dudes put down their book, calmly take off their glasses and go rip **** up on the field?

No, they need to be amped up to the max to play and any extra little bit they can get is worth it. 

You guys probably stay seated and golf clap at games and concerts like the old geezers at Lambeau. 

I am an old geezer. I have done my time at Lambeau. I don’t go anymore because we need younger people there who are very loud at the right times. Estamos de acuerdo.

We were all excited about Kevin Greene because he brought that pedigree and energy. RIP Kev, we love you still, and “It. Is. Time!” will live forever, but in the game of football players rip **** up—not coaches.

We will see if Campanile is the right hire for us. Quay Walker needs maturity and teaching— fire him up too much and he starts launching the opponents’ training staff. There wasn’t a word in that speech we saw on video that made those men better football players.

Lack of effort? Benched and cut. No bull**** Lombardi slides needed.

But if Campanile can teach scheme, alignment, keys, communication with teammates, and a culture that demands constant improvement he will be an awesome addition to the team. And he can ****ing curse all the ****ing time for all I ****ing care as long as he is a good ****ing teacher.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, n8ghee said:

Did the bad words hurt your feelings?

(I was a sailor, I swear like one too)

I remember when my younger brother joined the military (Army) a few years after I did in the late 80's.  When he told me the drill sergeants were no longer allowed to curse at the recruits, I couldn't believe it.  Pretty sure I heard more f-bombs during my 8 weeks of basic than I had in my entire life prior to that.  I still can't imagine going through basic training without the drill sergeants constantly cursing.

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I remember when my younger brother joined the military (Army) a few years after I did in the late 80's.  When he told me the drill sergeants were no longer allowed to curse at the recruits, I couldn't believe it.  Pretty sure I heard more f-bombs during my 8 weeks of basic than I had in my entire life prior to that.  I still can't imagine going through basic training without the drill sergeants constantly cursing.

There was a kerfuffle a few years back when a high school football coach, in Texas I think, was caught on video cursing at his players and demeaning them. All the news stations carried it and everyone acted shocked.

Anyone who has been around high school coaching in Wisconsin wasn’t shocked. We were like, you don’t want to know what my coach said to Richie Gorfmann when he whiffed his block at the goal line. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I am an old geezer. I have done my time at Lambeau. I don’t go anymore because we need younger people there who are very loud at the right times. Estamos de acuerdo.

We were all excited about Kevin Greene because he brought that pedigree and energy. RIP Kev, we love you still, and “It. Is. Time!” will live forever, but in the game of football players rip **** up—not coaches.

We will see if Campanile is the right hire for us. Quay Walker needs maturity and teaching— fire him up too much and he starts launching the opponents’ training staff. There wasn’t a word in that speech we saw on video that made those men better football players.

Lack of effort? Benched and cut. No bull**** Lombardi slides needed.

But if Campanile can teach scheme, alignment, keys, communication with teammates, and a culture that demands constant improvement he will be an awesome addition to the team. And he can ****ing curse all the ****ing time for all I ****ing care as long as he is a good ****ing teacher.

If even 1 player internalized "team = family and we fight for family" The speech was a success, he has an impossible job. Has to get some grown men up for practice. For sure some of those guys are thinking "k coahc, let us get to work"

If you cut everyone who shows low effort in a practice youre probably winding up with 3 players left.

Youre right that clip doesnt show us if Campinile will be successful but this kind of intensity gets an attitude going on a sideline. We all know our boys get a little low key there. Sometimes you just have to find a dark place to get a little more juice. For some people, thinking that the other team is stealing your families food is that dark place.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

We got another new coach. Some of you may recognise the name:

We had him and a group of other coaches in lasts year’s training camp under a diversity in coaching program. I remember hearing he went on to coach in college. Hope he keeps taking steps forward. 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Majik Man led the Pack to their biggest victory in years (decades even!!) on the road at SF who went 14-2 and won the SB.  Kyle Wallace wasn’t even born yet lol. 

Also, it’s “hooptie” not “hoop-dee” what a bunch of 🤡🤡🤡

Edited by thrILL!

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Majik Man led the Pack to their biggest victory in years (decades even!!) on the road at SF who went 14-2 and won the SB.  Kyle Wallace wasn’t even born yet lol. 

Also, it’s “hooptie” not “hoop-dee” what a bunch of 🤡🤡🤡

Sooooooooooo....you're implying that #7 should be part of the discussion comparing 4 & 12?