Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Man, Savage did not last long on the market.

Makes me feel like I was right about him.

I think he breaks out in Jacksonville if he signed that quickly. Would’ve loved to see him with a new DC.

I just feel like he’s the next Hyde.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Put running back back in your mock drafts.

No way we don’t take one by round 5 I bet.

It’s the classic Gute playbook. Get rid of aging player (Matthew’s), go all in on their replacement (Smith, Smith), draft their replacement (Gary).

Wouldn’t be surprised if we sign another veteran RB and draft one in rounds 5 and 6.

Yep. Dont think Jacobs is as versatile as Jones....but we're getting younger and picking up the key years for a RB.

Just now, Mox said:

If we're letting AJ walk than we better be in on someone else who is good. Because we could pay both guys this year.

Why not draft another RB or two. No need to go all in on the FA market. Draft offensive players Jacobs is a nice add but no need to add another. I would imagine they looked at Jacobs as a slightly slower and more durable version of Jones. Let both AJ's walk and draft a new RB in the mid rounds and a couple flyers on late round guys. 

1 minute ago, Mox said:

If we're letting AJ walk than we better be in on someone else who is good. Because we could pay both guys this year.

He better be improving this ****ty defense we've been stuck watching for years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Man, Savage did not last long on the market.

Makes me feel like I was right about him.

I think he breaks out in Jacksonville if he signed that quickly. Would’ve loved to see him with a new DC.

I just feel like he’s the next Hyde.

At some point the hope has to give, I'm sure Gute may have thought along those lines but an infusion of talent is needed there 'm sure we'll look to FA still but the other S will be filled with a draft pick me thinks. 

The cap hit and probably injury concerns are apart of this decision. Still though the guy was one of the best backs in the league still, I would of just kept him and not signed Jacobs(pending his contract details) and drafted a couple RBs. They gotta make some other splash signings to make this worth it.

Jones and Bakh gone in one day, tis too much... 😭

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Laces Out said:

that's a tough one to swallow, up there with Jordy.

****ing ****. Fix the goddamn defense - not play musical chairs with RB's.

I feel like Jordy was on the decline way more so than Jones is, I think this one hurts way more honestly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laces Out said:

that's a tough one to swallow, up there with Jordy.

****ing ****. Fix the goddamn defense - not play musical chairs with RB's.

Other than the Oline this is all they really needed and likely with the Jones contract not working out Gute took a great option instead early to get that settled. Beyond that of a vet Oline coming in i can't see anymore work on the offensive side of the ball in the FA season. I would think Gute will let the large wallets get empty and fill in some nice pieces in the secondary FA market. 

• Like 1