Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Literally dozens of us have praised MVS this off-season, literally dozens of us didn't want to cut Adams and literally dozens of us wanted to re-sign Bahk. I was a big advocate of all 3, you just don't remember because I don't bring it up every chance I get to make it seem like I'm the only one.

Same here, advocate of all three. I wonder just how many are really against these ?

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

2 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Same here, advocate of all three. I wonder just how many are really against these ?

So we've got MVS, Bakh and Adams.

I'll tell on myself.

I had no clue MVS would do what he did last year.  I don't think anyone did.  And I think everyone was happy with him and are optimistic about him moving forward.  Anyone against that statement?

Bakh.  I thought there was an off-season when he weighed in pretty light.  Got a little nicked up and didn't play very well.  Then turned it around and earned his deal.  Once GB drafted Spriggs in round 2, I thought he was their insurance against Bakh.  Happy that wasn't the case.  Don't think I argued that we SHOULD let Bakh go, rather that the Spriggs pick should insure that we had a backup plan should he not play well, or wish to re-sign.

Adams.  I was quite frustrated with him and his drops.  No one has gotten as large a leash as him that poor season.  I wondered if other guys would get a leash that long.  Namely Janis.  I thought that if he had gotten the opportunities that Adams did, he would produce.  And?  I was wrong.  What I missed what 'Vante's work ethic and football IQ.  I didn't want him cut.  I didn't want him traded, but I"m pretty sure at the time, I wanted him sat down so someone else could get those opportunities.  And i was wrong.

Being wrong happens.

Anyone else want to tell on themselves regarding MVS, Bakh and Adams?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Literally dozens of us have praised MVS this off-season, literally dozens of us didn't want to cut Adams and literally dozens of us wanted to re-sign Bahk. I was a big advocate of all 3

Citation needed. 

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=581206&start=0

That's the thread on Bakhtiari re-signing.  You didn't say a single word about it in 12 pages. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Citation needed. 

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=581206&start=0

That's the thread on Bakhtiari re-signing.  You didn't say a single word about it in 12 pages. 

Lol I can tell you exactly where I was when he re-signed. I was at the IMTS Trade show at the McCormick Center in Chicago. Didn't post much at all that week because I was obviously busy working, but I must've hated it then because I had a job. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Lol I can tell you exactly where I was when he re-signed. I was at the IMTS Trade show at the McCormick Center in Chicago. Didn't post much at all that week because I was obviously busy working, but I must've hated it then because I had a job. You'll just have to take my word for it.

There is a thread that I tried to find.  It was two weeks before Bakhtiari re-signed.  I can't find it, but I alluded to it in the re-signed thread.  That is where all the evidence I need is.  It is mysteriously missing, but I know it existed.  How much did you pay Webby to eliminate it? 

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

But...who on this site is against Martinez?  (I'm not)

From what I've seen, people seem to look at him like AJ Hawk without the high draft status.  Not sure if that isn't spot on.  And...I dig Martinez.

I think some people balk at the idea of paying him big ILB money, and I can't fault them for that either.  It is fun to throw big money at "sexy" stuff in free agency, and ILB isn't overly sexy.

Guess what I'm saying is...I dig Blake.  And I think most people on here do, too.

I'd say the forum as a whole is very lukewarm on Blake Martinez.  They like him so long as he's either underpaid or on a reasonable deal.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone else want to tell on themselves

Sure. 
I learned that the only role I am qualified to perform in the NFL is to watch and enjoy the games.
And if I am not enjoying the games; that means I'm doing it wrong and can't even handle the one NFL job I am qualified to perform

• Like 4

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Is it that people think he's a JAG, or that they don't want to pay him Mosely/J Smith type money in the off-season?

Either way, guessing folks will weigh in.

Probably somewhere in the middle.  It's the people who complain that paying Blake Martinez FMV (Fair Market Value) are the ones who are complaining that the Packers don't spend enough on their ILBs.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'd say the forum as a whole is very lukewarm on Blake Martinez.  They like him so long as he's either underpaid or on a reasonable deal.

@Packerraymond, this is why Cwood is my favorite moderator. 

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Sure. 
I learned that the only role I am qualified to perform in the NFL is to watch and enjoy the games.
And if I am not enjoying the games; that means I'm doing it wrong and can't even handle the one NFL job I am qualified to perform

There are people here who can attempt a 50 yard field goal.  You're way behind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

"Ah, gotcha?" I pointed out a fact about Martinez after you compared him to Schobert, who's forced 5 fumbles in 33 starts in 3 years. That's it. Maybe you don't care how many fumbles Martinez causes and don't consider that factor in your overall evaluation of him. I do, in addition to the myriad of other factors to that go into being a play-making ILB, and would when it comes time to pay him after this year. 

If we are talking about "agendas" regarding Martinez then let's just put it all out there. I believe, and have always said, that Martinez is a solid and dependable ILB who racks up a lot tackles. He improved as a blitzer this past year as well. I also believe he's not much of a play-maker and certainly is not a game-changing player. As such, I wouldn't overpay him in FA like we are seeing for guys like Mosley and Jaylon Smith. In fact, I wouldn't pay him close to that amount of money. Would you?  I don't view him as a Wagner, Lewis, Kuechly-type player, and I believe even you said that as well. Hence, I have no "agenda" to disparage or knock Martinez down. Do you have one to build him up into something he's not?  

Fumbles are a ridiculously unrelaible turnover stat.  And how many missed tackles are you willing to risk for a few more fumbles?  I'd rather have an ILB who is assignment-sure, and doesn't have a ton of missed tackles over one who creates a couple more forced fumbles.