Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Christian Kirksey, released this week by Cleveland, is in Green Bay today. Here’s a good summary of his NFL career, which have been injury plagued, the last two seasons:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105967/article/christian-kirkseys-travels-take-him-to-visit-packers

On paper it looks like Kirksey has some game...when he’s on the field.

Edited by JQ1
  • Like 1

Here’s another free agent factoid, from the Athletic via Acme Packing. It’s a just the teaser from the entire article:

“Meanwhile, the Packers are connected to a few big names including Austin Hooper, Nick Kwiatkoski, and a surprise name in Michael Brockers.” (Bold mine)

The first two guys we’ve seen a lot about, but for me Brockers was indeed a surprise. He could be a really solid complement to Kenny Clark, I’d presume?

2 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

for me Brockers was indeed a surprise

Gute wants to make sure the Packers are in on every relevant conversation regardless of what happens
Sometimes they leak their interest in Brockers to help an agent out, sometimes as a lever for negotiations with other DL and sometimes because they are genuinely interested. lots and lots of back-scratching going on every spring and I wish I had a map of all the agent-player-coach-gm connections

34 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Gute wants to make sure the Packers are in on every relevant conversation regardless of what happens
Sometimes they leak their interest in Brockers to help an agent out, sometimes as a lever for negotiations with other DL and sometimes because they are genuinely interested. lots and lots of back-scratching going on every spring and I wish I had a map of all the agent-player-coach-gm connections

Points taken.

But IF the Packers do have a legitimate interest in Brockers, he certainly would upgrade the D-Line, and likely be a solid complement to Kenny.

Edited by JQ1

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Dependability. Down trend. Better ways to utilize limited cap 

I like the risk reward but I was really high on kirksey

I would love this quite a bit tbh

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1