Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

27 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Who wants guys to run correct routes and actually catch the ball ?? Is that the psychotic you're talking about ? How many throws are made before the receiver even makes his last break ? How many adjustments are made on option routes. This is like using still photos to criticize Rodgers. And it's grown into a caricature of itself

None. Watch Aaron Rodgers play football in 2020. It's the biggest reason he's barely a top 10 QB anymore.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Extremely streaky player though who is basically "big play" or "nadda." Those first 7 weeks: 

Bears: 4 for 52 (47 on one play); 3 for 5 otherwise

Minn: 3 for 19 

Den (best game overall): 6 for 99 (40 on one play - but solid game)

PHI: 3 for 47 (26 on one play - k not bad)

Dal: 1 for 18

Det: 2 for 48 (46 on one play) 

Oakland: 2 for 133 (recs for 74 and 59) 

MVS is the very definition of his stats. He's a guy that once or twice a game you take a shot down the field, but he's going to be largely useless in the 0-20 yard range. If he would not have dropped that deep pass in Week 15 against the Bears, he would have had 1 rec for 60 yards instead of 0 for 0. IMO, that's his role and it'll probably be his role with this team moving forward as we continue to upgrade the position. 

So what you're saying is, when people throw him the ball, he makes big plays? You can do the same with a ton of receivers on the league. 

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I guess we don't need to see any more mocks with WR as a priority. We're flush with talent there already

I guess we don't need to see any more [fantasy projections from random people who don't even agree with the person you are disagreeing with anyway]

lol

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I guess we shouldn't expect any kind of coherent counter argument from you?

The 4 or so posts are already 4 more than I should have. And coherent too. The lines are drawn and sides have been chosen for a while now. All that's left is trench warfare and I'm not interested

Edited by cannondale

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Love this.  It’s almost like he’s asking the Packers to bring him back.  Love how he added that he played ILB.  I feel like that’s him telling teams he’ll do what he has to do to be on a team, and I’d love it if that’s with us.  

Sounds to me like a guy whose phone isn't ringing and still wants to play.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The point is that it's nonsensical to call for "no more mocks w/ WRs" from everyone when most people don't even agree with the premise you are feigning outrage over anyway.

LOL. You haven't changed. You mean like the Capers argument ???