Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

When a player is that vital to the success of your team, and let’s not get this confused, Aaron is vastly responsible for our success; when you have that kind of player, at the very least you ask his opinion.

Perhaps Gutey could have informed him of letting Jordy go and letting Van Pelt try to find a OC job elsewhere but if Rodgers is unhappy he should be speaking to his GM and not talking about it publicly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

You don't ask for someones opinion on something you don't plan on at least taking their opinion into consideration on. If we planned on releasing Jordy and said "Hey Aaron What do you think about releasing Jordy"? He is going to say  "No" and then when you inevitably end up releasing him you have a player that is now even more pissed off since you asked his opinion but didn't use it. 

I think at most you tell Aaron before the public what the plan is you don't start giving players the option to dictate franchise direction. 

Exactly right.

Then you move from "They're not checking with me beforehand" to "They're not listening to me".

In other words, you're right back where you started from and you didnt move on at all.

16 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

When a player is that vital to the success of your team, and let’s not get this confused, Aaron is vastly responsible for our success; when you have that kind of player, at the very least you ask his opinion.

Vastly responsible? MM should dedicate half of his salary every year to a charity of Rodgers' choosing. Jk....but not really. B|

Edited by packfanfb

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Perhaps Gutey could have informed him of letting Jordy go and letting Van Pelt try to find a OC job elsewhere but if Rodgers is unhappy he should be speaking to his GM and not talking about it publicly.

According to Van Pelt he was talking to the FO about moving on for over a year.

You think he could (read: should) have mentioned it to AR at some point?

Van Pelt got his wish - to move on.

AR should be more "hurt" (if he choses to be) that his good buddy apparently never mentioned it to him.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'd be shocked if Rodgers or any player has much contact with Gute outside of being cut. The whole point is to keep them separate. The only place Rodgers can go to vent is MM or the media. Part of this gripe is MM dismissing Van Pelt without notifying him. Leaving only the media for him to vent to. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Vastly responsible? MM should dedicate half of his salary every year to a charity of Rodgers' choosing. Jk....but not really. B|

Coulda chose a different word but I’m at the gym posting! Give me some slack lol 

Some of you guys are going way overboard, nobody is saying he should have roster control . He should be apart of the discussion of where the team is going though 

You can’t give Rodgers a say because he clearly is too emotionally close to this now. It’s clear he would of kept Jordy, would he also expect McCarthy to play him? It could of been a Driver situation where Jordy was on the sideline all the time. It’s a slippery slop.

He thinks he should have a say... but he is proving in the public that he shouldn’t because the mindset you need for that work is one of detachment and coldness towards the players... because it’s a cruel business. Rodger right now is missing spinning the ball in the end zone together pre game. Having a new travel buddy on away games...

Rodgers being frustrated about losing his close buddies is fine and good and perhaps there should be more communication between the team and him, but I hope Rodgers isn't implying he should have some sort of say in decisions here.

Also, don't like that he's put this out in public rather than kept it behind closed doors. Weak

Edited by deltarich87
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Rodgers being frustrated about losing his close buddies is fine and good and perhaps there should be more communication between the team and him, but I hope Rodgers isn't implying he should have some sort of say in decisions here.

Also, don't like that he's put this out in public rather than kept it behind closed doors. Weak

I thought this was interesting and definitely worth noting.

Just now, cannondale said:

Yeah, like Aaron Rodgers needs to add to his advantages. Thanks for that hot take Michelle. 

Obviously not rocket science. 

I am guessing it is more in response to the fan reaction of people being mad about him taking it to the media. This whole thing is blown out or proportion. 

I guess this isn't the Critical Thinking Forum. B|

Some of you folks are giving Walter Cronkite-level credibility to a couple of twitter-twats. Then you're using that "info" to guide your role as the Judge, the Jury and the Executioner. You've been gifted the most powerful tool in the Universe, try to engage it from time to time instead of letting them lead you around by the nose

And if that's too much to ask, here's a simple short cut that's guaranteed 100% accurate: 

If you ever find yourself on the same side of a debate with Jermichael Finley...then yer being a dumbass.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

I guess this isn't the Critical Thinking Forum. B|

Some of you folks are giving Walter Cronkite-level credibility to a couple of twitter-twats. Then you're using that "info" to guide your role as the Judge, the Jury and the Executioner. You've been gifted the most powerful tool in the Universe, try to engage it from time to time instead of letting them lead you around by the nose

And if that's too much to ask, here's a simple short cut that's guaranteed 100% accurate: 

If you ever find yourself on the same side of a debate with Jermichael Finley...then yer being a dumbass.

Huh? If you're referring to my post of the Michele tweet it was in response to everyone blaming him for going to the media. There are nuances to these negotiations, all I was providing was a different perspective other than Rodgers is just crying to media. 

32 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Cry baby Rodgers at it again...#Sarcasm

Oh no you mean everyone worked themselves into a tizzy for nothing? Man we have to stop taking every Tweet as factual news.

You could tell this was fake from the start. Rodgers is a sensitive dude who cares about his public image. He wouldn't give out information that deep to someone who would turn around and call Yahoo sports.

• Like 4