Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

On 4/8/2018 at 9:16 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Oh, one more question. For those of you who work out, what are some names you look to for new workouts and helpful gym tips? I've found Jeff Cavaliere to be extremely helpful.

I like https://www.t-nation.com. They use the site to sell their products, too, but the articles are very good, as are their products - but they're pricey. 

I got some good tips from Cavaliere, too.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Oh, one more question. For those of you who work out, what are some names you look to for new workouts and helpful gym tips? I've found Jeff Cavaliere to be extremely helpful.

Charles Poliquin

Christian Thibaudeau

Paul Carter

John Rusin

Stan Efferding

Eddy Coan

Ben Pakulski

Malcolm Gwilliam

Joel Seedman has really cool variations of stuff

Mark Coles but he's more business side

Ben Bruno if you like the landmines

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Whether bulking or cutting you guys need to do the Vertical Diet by Stan Efferding.  One week in and my stomach is much flatter, no digestion issues, great energy, etc.  When I'm lean enough then it's all the steak and white rice I can handle.

I don't think the logic behind it is very sound. His whole process is to ingest easily digestible food yet the big staple of it is steak? He contradicts himself. Steak is one of the toughest things for our body to break down, our stomach acid isn't designed to break down meat. 

I'm not saying it won't work or that it doesn't, but his thought process doesn't line up with what he's eating. 

4 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

I don't think the logic behind it is very sound. His whole process is to ingest easily digestible food yet the big staple of it is steak? He contradicts himself. Steak is one of the toughest things for our body to break down, our stomach acid isn't designed to break down meat. 

I'm not saying it won't work or that it doesn't, but his thought process doesn't line up with what he's eating. 

He has the steak for all of the nutrients it provides.  He also says if you have trouble with steak to take HCl with it.  Problem solved.

I hurt my shoulder about 3 weeks while climbing, and it still isn't getting any better. I was climbing, and as I went for a pretty high hold, my foot slipped and wrenched all my weight onto that arm at a weird angle, and on top of that I fell from about 8 feet straight into the same shoulder. Just overall not a great situation.

I feel like I haven't lost any strength and still climb and lift fine, but whenever I position my arm in certain angles above my shoulder there is deep pain. Maybe a rotator cuff issue? I figured if it was a pulled muscle it would just get better, but nope.

15 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I hurt my shoulder about 3 weeks while climbing, and it still isn't getting any better. I was climbing, and as I went for a pretty high hold, my foot slipped and wrenched all my weight onto that arm at a weird angle, and on top of that I fell from about 8 feet straight into the same shoulder. Just overall not a great situation.

I feel like I haven't lost any strength and still climb and lift fine, but whenever I position my arm in certain angles above my shoulder there is deep pain. Maybe a rotator cuff issue? I figured if it was a pulled muscle it would just get better, but nope.

Rotator cuff tear, tendinitis, muscle strain.... could be any of the above.

3 weeks with no improvement maybe it’s time to rest it a bit.

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Rotator cuff tear, tendinitis, muscle strain.... could be any of the above.

3 weeks with no improvement maybe it’s time to rest it a bit.

What I'm hearing is that it's a great time for more leg work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

How far apart do you guys space out your protein intake? I try to get 3-4 hours, preferably 4 but it’s pretty hard with my schedule.

7:30 and 11:30 protein shakes, 2:30 chicken or turkey, 5:30 whatever for dinner.

That used to be my schedule when I was doing the PSMF. 5 meals a day, only protein. Throwed in some greens, fishoil, and vitamins/minerals.