Cowboys Coaching Carousel - Paul Alexander named OL coach

WizardHawk

21 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

...Mike Solari used to be a Cowboy coach, folks. 

Yes in 1987 under Landry, but has been putrid with that Giants OLine last 2 years, in GB his line was decent in 2015 but his stint in San Fran wasnt all that great. 

Now ow if I recall in NY he did run a ZBS so he fits better than the other 2 guys we have interviewed. 

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Si. But the point is that this isn't some no name schmuck. He's worked for the star in the passed. 

Yes, but that was 30 years ago and his tenure lasted 1 season. I suppose it's better than hiring someone with no experience. The names floated thus far Solari's included aren't exactly confidence boosting though. If Solari, Alexander (possible scheme change) and Cable are the answers, Dallas may as well have kept Pollack. He at has coached a good OL in the past few seasons at least.

To be fair on Solari, he hasn't exactly been given a lot of talent to work with on the OL. Richburg has turned out to be a pretty good player under him, and he was the OL coach for the Chiefs from '97-'05, when that line was pretty darn good for a few years. 

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Yes, but that was 30 years ago and his tenure lasted 1 season. I suppose it's better than hiring someone with no experience. The names floated thus far Solari's included aren't exactly confidence boosting though. If Solari, Alexander (possible scheme change) and Cable are the answers, Dallas may as well have kept Pollack. He at has coached a good OL in the past few seasons at least.

Si. And no real argument. It's just every decision isn't the end of the world is my point. 

Archived