Cowboys Coaching Carousel - Paul Alexander named OL coach

WizardHawk

7 hours ago, CAPJ said:

The whole situation is terrible. We can't win more than 2 games without our starting QB let alone make it to the NFC championship. 

Hell our defense cant even stop anyone without our linebacker. 

We need new coaches. Period. Doesn't matter how kuch talent we Have, we never capitalize how we should.

Dude, just last year we lost our starting QB, won 13 games had the best record in the NFC and almost beat the best QB in the NFL.

I don’t get it. We have an Offensive blocking scheme that generates 3 Pro Bowlers and multiple All Pro’s. Why would you make that big of a change????

I just don’t understand what this organization is trying to do. I think we are now in the 5-11 area for 2018

I don't think any top assistants want to come here.

With all the talk of the players upset with the scheme and play calling, past assistants saying they have no say in the game plan and what looks like JG, SL and Rod coaching for their jobs, who would want to come into that situation?

It's not like we're exclusively a ZBS team. We've had success pulling guys and with trap blocks here and there, and those are man blocking concepts. I don't mind mixing things up a little.

Certainly you would hope with the success Smith, Frederick, Martin, and Zeke have had, that we don't change too much.

OTOH, I thought the Bengals had one of the most talented OLs in the league prior to letting Zeitler and Whitworth walk, and they certainly did not play up to that in 2016 before completely falling apart in 2017.

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

I don't think any top assistants want to come here.

With all the talk of the players upset with the scheme and play calling, past assistants saying they have no say in the game plan and what looks like JG, SL and Rod coaching for their jobs, who would want to come into that situation?

This, too.

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

The only net positive I see is he has a ton of experience and this will be the most talented line he has ever worked with. But I don't like this hire.

Whitworth, Zeitler, and Boling were all there for majority. Not exactly chopped liver. 

Archived