Cowboys Coaching Carousel - Paul Alexander named OL coach

WizardHawk

Well, try to look at the bright side. Only two years ago the Iggles had:

No QB, no picks, no coach, all their star players cut, no GM, they fired Roseman, and looked to be decades away from recovering.

Today, they are hosting the NFC, championship game...with their back up QB.

Life is full of surprises.

43 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

No QB, no picks, no coach, all their star players cut, no GM, they fired Roseman, and looked to be decades away from recovering.

Don’t remind me Dave ?

5 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

That’s what happens when you have a smart owner who understands how to build a winning team; one who learns from his mistakes, and one who corrects them quickly. Jerry possesses exactly none of those qualities.

All cynicism and sarcasm aside I'm pretty concerned about the state of the coaching staff, and the team moving forward.  I watched the Eagles win yesterday and thought to myself where would Dallas be missing an MVP candidate and an upper echelon LT?  I know unfortunately.  The season would come completely off the rails.  Playoffs would be out of the question let alone advancing to the conference championship.  I ask why is that and I dont know because it has been the norm around Dallas for years.  Now the Eagles do have a defense that can keep them in any game.  We aren't there.  I would also say that the Eagles have heart and grit to overcome setbacks,  where a key injury to Dallas and our season is jeopardized.  One of three NFC teams that have not been to the conference championship in 20 years!  Disgraceful. We are the very embodiment of mediocrity, yet we continue to embrace the same Head Coach and philosophy.  Someone remind me what the definition of stupidity is?  I think embracing the same philosophy/coaching and expecting a different result may be the answer.  I simply don't get it.  Change is necessary and yet we still insist on same old same old.

15 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

To be brutally honest, the Eagles F.O. is ran better than the Cowboys F.O. From draft picks, to free agency to managing the salary cap effectively. They moved up and snatched Wentz from us (There's zero doubt in my mind that Dallas was looking at Wentz to be the heir to Romo) and traded Sam Bradford for a 2nd round pick, while we got nothing for Romo (or Ware for that matter). Flash forward to now and we have underperforming players who we can't get rid of due to their huge cap hit. 

It all starts with our G.M. and Owner. 

I’d say it stems down to a whoa is me mentality. Teams like the Eagles and Patriots embrace that next man up mentality. They have guys who have stepped up to fill those voids. We have a coaching staff who says it’s always about that next man up, but when it comes to key players, it’s all talk and no show. We just have guys who don’t step up. They get down in the dumps and have nobody to bring them back out.  

Prime example of this is the Steelers this year. They loose Shazier and boom, they have rallied around that guy and is making a strong run for him. 

We embrace the whoa is me! 

The whole situation is terrible. We can't win more than 2 games without our starting QB let alone make it to the NFC championship. 

Hell our defense cant even stop anyone without our linebacker. 

We need new coaches. Period. Doesn't matter how kuch talent we Have, we never capitalize how we should.

25 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I’d say it stems down to a whoa is me mentality. Teams like the Eagles and Patriots embrace that next man up mentality. They have guys who have stepped up to fill those voids. We have a coaching staff who says it’s always about that next man up, but when it comes to key players, it’s all talk and no show. We just have guys who don’t step up. They get down in the dumps and have nobody to bring them back out.  

Prime example of this is the Steelers this year. They loose Shazier and boom, they have rallied around that guy and is making a strong run for him. 

We embrace the whoa is me! 

I remember reading, when Zeke was finally suspended for real, that Garrett didn’t address the team about it. At the time I thought that was a fair approach (let the next man up thing be implied) but looking back on it... kind of weird.

I don’t want to absolve Garrett since I think at this point it’s pretty clear he’s not the guy... but at the same time, a lot of this is on the front office for again building such a top-heavy roster, and the players themselves for not stepping up to the call.

24 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

The whole situation is terrible. We can't win more than 2 games without our starting QB let alone make it to the NFC championship. 

Hell our defense cant even stop anyone without our linebacker. 

We need new coaches. Period. Doesn't matter how kuch talent we Have, we never capitalize how we should.

It's more than just the coaches. And that's what infuriates me the most. We had the perfect opportunity to get a shutdown CB and a talented linebacker (as insurance for Lee) in the '16 draft. Even though Zeke is great, he was a luxury pick. The F.O. knew coming into that draft the improvements on the defense was needed. Instead of transforming this defense with those 2 pieces, they grab Zeke because they want to be a "run first" team and a injured LB who was injured his rookie year.

Flash forward to now and we still don't have that young, talented LB that can replace Lee if he goes down. We have a defense dependent on one player and an OC who would rather call pass plays at the goalline instead of using that "run first" mentality that led them to draft Zeke in the first place. This is a mess.

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Ha. 20 years of lack of playoff success and we've still hosted more championships then they have. 

Not for long. I posted a thread months ago about JJ being the common denominator when it comes to why we are a medicore team.

Anyone care to dispute that now?

I will say this, in spits of losing Elliott, T.,Smith, Lee and a host of other players for some time this year, we did come just 1 game shy of the playoffs. We weren't playing competitive ball at the end of the season,  so,we scared nobody.

But we can't be that terrible of we finished 9 and 7.

I just don't think we have the mental make up or leadership to,compete at,the next level.

Archived